I was thinking about this the other day on the bus. I've read a few theories about people saying that the universe is infinite etc. And I was thinking about how tiny this earth is in comparison to the universe, I mean, theres got to be billions of other planets out there, and millions of other life forms right? But will I ever be able to discover any of these things or unlock any of the secrets of the universe? No. I'm just a human life form on earth, among billions of others, we don't have the technology, and might not have in the next few hundred years, to even send men to the planets in our solar system.

Then I started thinking about existance itself. What is this, the universe, whats beyond this, where did it all come from, what was here before this, what will be here after this, is this physical state the only state that exists?

Im confused now
You can still make a difference in the world, you know.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Ahh the wonders of marihuana.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
This is all an illusion
the small things that the universe is made of are popping in and out of existence
so physically we dont exist, its like a sim game and we are the sims, just a bunch of numbers
Quote by RockFreak000
This is all an illusion
the small things that the universe is made of are popping in and out of existence
so physically we dont exist, its like a sim game and we are the sims, just a bunch of numbers

I really want what you are smoking.
'The cradle Rocks above the abyss, and common sense tells us that our existence is but a brief crack of light between two eternities of darkness.'

Great quote.

But yeah, I think we all get that feeling..
haha me and my friend were joking around yesterday saying our lives were a big game of the sims or grand theft auto
Quote by Biehayn
haha me and my friend were joking around yesterday saying our lives were a big game of the sims or grand theft auto

If it was I'm sure most of us would've been run over or been burned alive in the kitchen by now.
Pretty much if you think too much the conclusion you always reach is that in a bigger context you don't matter. It's entirely true but in the smaller scheme of things you are here for a reason beyond being fed bull**** by teachers and governments you are here for a reason other than being educated or educating even reasons other than procreation and sex. You are here to make another's meager exsistence a little more pleasant. It sounds kinda sucky and eighties hair metal but hey it's the truth.
I play guitar. So I joined a club about it.

Quote by copet
Why has Kirk Hammett not been in G3? Figure Joe has invited him but he is too busy with Metallica?

Quote by JustinMalvo
Pretty much if you think too much the conclusion you always reach is that in a bigger context you don't matter. It's entirely true but in the smaller scheme of things you are here for a reason beyond being fed bull**** by teachers and governments you are here for a reason other than being educated or educating even reasons other than procreation and sex. You are here to make another's meager exsistence a little more pleasant. It sounds kinda sucky and eighties hair metal but hey it's the truth.

wtf?! im here for more than sex?!
Quote by Biehayn

I loved making a room with a fireplace, loads of carpet and wooden furniture, getting like 3 Sims in there, removing the door, and lighting the fire.

Fun ensued
Quote by duggyrocks
I was thinking about this the other day on the bus. I've read a few theories about people saying that the universe is infinite etc. And I was thinking about how tiny this earth is in comparison to the universe, I mean, theres got to be billions of other planets out there, and millions of other life forms right? But will I ever be able to discover any of these things or unlock any of the secrets of the universe? No. I'm just a human life form on earth, among billions of others, we don't have the technology, and might not have in the next few hundred years, to even send men to the planets in our solar system.

Then I started thinking about existance itself. What is this, the universe, whats beyond this, where did it all come from, what was here before this, what will be here after this, is this physical state the only state that exists?

Im confused now

I think about this stuff often. It's like you ripped it from my mind .
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
no, cause im the sun. by that i mean everything revolves around me.
BIIGFTJ?
(Jack) why teh fuck do people still have rottweilers/pit bulls?
(Lucy) why the fuck not?
(Jack) because they have a strange tendency to EAT YOUR CHILDREN
No. I have mad powers. You are just powerless because I took your powers. (I am still Spiderman, remember?)
Quote by BumOffBarney
no, cause im the sun. by that i mean everything revolves around me.

So you're that son of a bitch that gives people skin cancer
You're 14 or 15 right? That's normal, I first thought about it when I was 12-13.
Everybody asks himself this question at least once, and is there are an answer? I don't know...
Quote by Shea Donoghue
"WHY DON'T YOU JUST F*CK OFF?!" So I ran up to her face and went "FINE, I F*CKING WILL" and stuck my hands down my pants and started masturbating. My friends were pissing themselves laughing while she just went "JESUS CHRIST"
Quote by Jehuty
I really want what you are smoking.

Why do people always compare philosophy to drugs?

Yes it is crap in most cases but it can be interesting with what people come out with.
Quote by duggyrocks

Im confused now

You just thought of this NOW?

Is this supposed to be some sort of revelation? Yes, we're insignificant little specs compared to the entirety of the universe, but we can be much larger things in a smaller context. For example, you can be the greatest son your father could have asked for, you are everything to him, and he is proud of you. I'd say that's a pretty big role to play.

It seems like you just want to be a huger impact on everything and everyone. Attention *****.
Quote by minibrowny
UGers+though =big black holes and death

thinking, not for UG

I think your a bell end.
Quote by akack
We beat you 6-0 you stupid mother ****er.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"
The universe is up to 15 billion years old,
it expands at 20,000 miles a day,
scientists believe the universe was created by a biological accident!
there are more planets than there are grains of sand on earth
there have been hundreds of civilisations and empires over thousands of years
there are hundreds of thousands of species than us living on Earth
your influences and 'famous people' are as minute as everyone else
we are absolutely insignificant-enjoy every day you have because life is about experiencing life not about money, power or fame b/s

i.e. CARPE DIEM!
Does it matter wether we make an impact in the universe or not? The only thing that matters is enjoying life, because if you dont enjoy life, what do you have to live for? Making your boss's life easier? **** that. Do what you enjoy, and enjoy what you do, because lifes short.

anyway, we may be very small compared to the universe going outward, but going INward, we ARE the universe. scientists have discovered smaller things then atoms, and i think that once you go small enough, theres a whole microscopic universe. a whole ****ing universe could be at the tip of your hair, or in that bread crumb you ate yesterday. which also means, we could be part of that small universe in some greater beings sandwhich/whatever. We are insignificant, but also mean everything to billions of people.
Honestly, I rarely give the universe a thought these days. It's just too big to comprehend. I have smaller yet more important things to deal with, like my double maths homework O_o and what the hell I am going to do for 5 hours on my own at college.

Until aliens land on our planet and tell you that the next decision you make will determine the fate of the entire universe, go back to your friends and family. They're gonna care what you do more than a star billioins of light years away.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Why does it matter? All that matters is what's in your life, and the lives of the people around you. Enough time, effort and money is wasted on stuff for space, when there are more desperate things happening on our own planet.
You now have 24 hours until your head explodes into a ball of anti-matter, become a red dwarf, then nerf into a black hole. Please Distance yourself from the people around you. And ug, lets try not to think too much eh?
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by str84ever
Why do people always compare philosophy to drugs?

Yes it is crap in most cases but it can be interesting with what people come out with.

I agree that these philosophical discussions can be highly interesting. The thing is, however, that these hypothetical, and alternative views on life make no sense, because it's often not scientifically provable, and is merely (in my opinion) a way for people to take something that is an actual widely accepted fact, and turn it into something alternative, for the sake of being different, to stand out, or to not blend into the masses. Which is actually quite ignorant and irrational.

I can say that I truly believe that the entire world was created three minutes ago, every single organism on this planet or galaxy, including their thoughts, feelings, looks, memories. How can you say that this is not true? Following this belief, you wouldn't know what was happening four minutes ago cause we didn't exist then. That's what most of these "beliefs" are like. You can't prove it wrong, but it doesn't make common sense.

The only thing I think that these discussions or thoughts are useful for, is purely for the philosophical factor, to think about these things and believe your own truth. Cause truth is abstract, everyone has their own truth and is completely entitled to have it. It is a perfect way to enrich your mind. And that's exactly why these things are so interesting, they provide theories that do not correspond with your own truth, and causes you to think about life. To quote Socrates, "The unexamined life is not worth living". Some people choose to believe in these theories, that's perfectly fine with me, as long as they can respect my beliefs in my truth.