Page 1 of 2
They're not just metal, they're MANLY METAL
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Ergo, Awesome = Buckethead = Weird Al
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
Quote by Omni-Ragnarok
They're not just metal, they're MANLY METAL

They're not just metal, they're the KINGS OF METAL, COMING TO TOWN!
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
To hell with the critics, and those who think it makes them cool to laugh at the Anthology cover, Manowar OWN.
While the newer albums may have a few...questionable...songs, the 80's albums are untouchable. Any band that can write songs like Battle Hymn, Gates of Valhalla, and Thor (The Powerhead) deserve all the praise they can get. Quite simply, they've produced some of the finest heavy metal ever.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Gloves of metal and Kill with power are the only songs I've heard that really sucked.
Quote by Baa I'm a Sheep

hehehe good album,dreadful cover.

I've seen a lot worse. Anyway, Anthology wasn't even an official release, thus it should be excluded from any discussion about the band.

Just because they can audition for the "300" movie, doesen't mean that they aren't manly... "Warriors of the world united" is by far one of the most powerful songs I've ever heard, both "Warriors of the world" and "Kings of metal" are great albums.
Quote by Baa I'm a Sheep
pah Maiden are the kings of metal Manowar can be the peasants

Iron Maiden play, Manowars kills.
Quote by chylde_of_fire
To hell with the critics, and those who think it makes them cool to laugh at the Anthology cover, Manowar OWN.
While the newer albums may have a few...questionable...songs, the 80's albums are untouchable. Any band that can write songs like Battle Hymn, Gates of Valhalla, and Thor (The Powerhead) deserve all the praise they can get. Quite simply, they've produced some of the finest heavy metal ever.

Gods of War is the single greatest concept album ever.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212

Gods of War is the single greatest concept album ever.

Too many silly narrations and interludes that go on for way too long.

Though King of Kings is mega cool.

Quote by chylde_of_fire
Too many silly narrations and interludes that go on for way too long.

Though King of Kings is mega cool.

"Oh boo hoo, too much storytelling, I want music on my album!"

Try Sons of Odin, Gods of War, Die For Metal, and Sleipnir.
Dickless.
Manowar= great.

Gods of War= would be good if there was less fecking narration. And Die For Metal is really painful to listen to.

Anyone else find themselves wishing for DeMaio's 80s bass sound?
Shankle-Era Manowar was the best!
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Manowar sense tingling.
Quote by rabidguitarist
manowar.

on the subject:
anyone else notice that the film '300' is like... manowar: the movie?

Quote by morbid_death
Sam, you are my hero.

Metallurgy. Traditional Metal from Brisbane
http://www.myspace.com/metallurgy
what genre are they? Iv never taken the time to listen
Wenn die Nack einfällt
bedeckt sie die Welt
mit undurchdringlicher Dunkelheit.
Kälte steigt vom boden auf
und verpestet die Luft
plötzlich...
hat das Leben neue
Bedeutung

Burzum "Dunkelheit"
^Heavy metal.

im a fan, but come across as a bit cheesy sometimes, warriors of the world is my fav one, like there new concept album too
i thought the new album sucked. waaaaaaaay too much narration.if i wanted a story i would have bought a book
I'm just waiting for Manowar to do a song with label mates Rhapsody of Fire w/ Christopher Lee on backing vocals.

It'd be THE most epic thing ever.
Quote by rabidguitarist
manowar.

on the subject:

Quote by morbid_death
Sam, you are my hero.

Those posers need to get out, leave the hall and listen to their decree *dun dun deeeeh duuuunnn* they don't turn down for anyone they do just what they please.
Quote by rabidguitarist
manowar.

on the subject:

Quote by morbid_death
Sam, you are my hero.

Quote by Rocking-Rob
Been looking to get a manowar album for a while, i've bought Battle hymns, what are 3 other good manowar albums to get?

"hail to england", "triumph of steel" and "Kings of Metal".
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
Quote by Rocking-Rob
Been looking to get a manowar album for a while, i've bought Battle hymns, what are 3 other good manowar albums to get?

Anything from the 80's. Into Glory Ride, Kings of Metal, Sign of the Hammer, Fighting the World, and Hail to England. Don't bother with The Triumph of steel, they went downhill from that point.

Although some songs have their moments, I like Manowar more for their comic relief than for their songwriting "talents"...

But I have to agree with Bo, Hail and Kill is pret-ty sick. And Pleasure Slave XD
Quote by chylde_of_fire
Anything from the 80's. Into Glory Ride, Kings of Metal, Sign of the Hammer, Fighting the World, and Hail to England. Don't bother with The Triumph of steel, they went downhill from that point.

kk i'll take your advice
Manowar is that kind of band that I just... no. Just no. The worst kind of metal you could possibly get. They're cheesy, their lyrics are so embarrassing that I just want to hide in a corner or something and the music is just plain awful. They're just one of those bands that give metal a bad name.
And your a person who needs to be shot into the sun.

Manowar are a band that you know what you're going to get everytime. Also they are one of the most dedicated bands on the planet, what have they done/do

- Own record label
- Do their own distribution
- Dedicatde to their fans
- Don't release half-arsed albums
- 2005 Earthshaker, "The Day the Earth Shook"

They give metal an awesome name, by being Metal.
I don't know what you listen to, but go back and listen to it, and stay away from my Manowar with your AIDS.
Quote by rabidguitarist
manowar.

on the subject:

Quote by morbid_death
Sam, you are my hero.

Quote by I_Collect_Picks
what genre are they? Iv never taken the time to listen

Well, there's Power Metal like Pantera, then there's Power Metal like Manowar.

Manowar's type should be called Very Obvious Power Metal

All of their music is either about
a) mythology
b) metal
c) killing
d) mythology, metal and killing

They are one of the most powerful bands i've ever listened to. Warriors of the World United, Brothers of Metal, Gates of Valhalla, Battle Hymns, Hail and Kill, Kings of Metal, The Gods Made Heavy Metal. Seriously amazing stuff, makes you want to pick up a sword and slay the ones who are unworthy!
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by snrubber

Manowar are a band that you know what you're going to get everytime. Also they are one of the most dedicated bands on the planet, what have they done/do

- Own record label

I don't know what you listen to, but go back and listen to it, and stay away from my Manowar with your AIDS.

Sam, you are my hero.

Hahah.

Manowar belittle any man.
Shadilay.
I like their album Warriors of the World except for like 3 tracks. They usually have at least one killer song on every album.
Quote by snrubber

- Own record label

A lot of people have their own label and distribute their own music, there's nothing spectacular about that. And whether they release half-arsed albums or not is a personal opinion, not a matter of fact. And that was exactly what I was doing; stating my opinion. If you can't state your opinion without staying away from personal attacks, then don't.
Quote by European Son
A lot of people have their own label and distribute their own music, there's nothing spectacular about that. And whether they release half-arsed albums or not is a personal opinion, not a matter of fact. And that was exactly what I was doing; stating my opinion. If you can't state your opinion without staying away from personal attacks, then don't.

in all fairness you did come into a manowar thread and say that manowar was the worst type of metal, thats like going into the metallica thread and saying "METALLICA SUCK" it just asks for flames

on topic: was listening to King of Kings, what an awesome song
Quote by Rocking-Rob
in all fairness you did come into a manowar thread and say that manowar was the worst type of metal, thats like going into the metallica thread and saying "METALLICA SUCK" it just asks for flames

I beg to differ. I gave my reasons for not liking them, it wasn't like I just entered the thread and "lolz0rz y00r muz1c t4st3 suxx n s0 do3z m4novvaR"... Ah well, I'm sorry if I came off as an asshole. It wasn't intentional. Unfortunately, I do that a lot.

Page 1 of 2