Gday....

Ive recently set up a home studio, im using a Presonus firepod with the bundled cubase LE.... Ive been recording a fair bit of stuff, and finally put some of it on myspace, im kinda happy with it, but i still think it could be better, im just looking for some tips with production/mixing etc....

www.myspace.com/goatslullaby

The two songs I recorded in my studio are "Scintillating Sitar" and "Seven Is Heaven". If someone could check them out and give me some tips to further improve my recordings it would be great...

Thanx in advance...
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
Thanx BrianApocalypse, Umm well ive just been sticking a Shure SM57 about an inch off the speaker cover, about halfway from the middle of the cone on my VC15 and turn it up to about 6.......... For the whole band recording ive just layed down a guide track then done each instrument individually, the room i set up needs a little work i think too.... I used a Rode NT1 for the vocals and sitar, and DI the bass straight into the firepod... I also used the Rode as a single overhead, used the SM57 for the snare and a behra (sp?) dynamic for the kick drum.... I ran out of money, im yet to purchase some condensers more suited to drums....
NT-1s work fine as overheads (and on bass amps, too!)

Your gear all sounds OK, so I think it's probably just the recording environment. You do tend to pick up innate sound improving skills as you go on, so I'd keep going with that
Ohk thanx heaps for your help.... Ive been looking at your thread.... Thanx heaps!