Specifications:

1. something that has a decent tone that can do blues to Black Sabbath/Ozzy or Iron Maiden - ish heavy.
2. something I can shred on. (Neck shouldn't be too wide, it should be smooth)
3. something that has a wammy (preferably floyd rose, or something that stays in tune really well). Or that i could get a wammy added and it wouldn't kill the guitar.

price range: $800 - $1500 ish
I was thinking about getting an SG and putting a Bigsby trem in it, but how well it will stay in tune? I'm also wondering about american strats and those G & L guitars

also, what are the differences between C and V necks?

I have a marshall 15W, but i think somethings wrong with it (it gives way too much feedback when on OD), so i'm thinking about getting a Vox Valvetronix blah blah blah 30W or some other marshall at around that range.
Also, some tones i like are:
Hendrix's, Tony Iommi, Clapton when he was with Cream

I don't want something that's overly bright
You should get a decent amp first.

Something like Crate palomino or Blue Junior should do

If you want something that is top of the range. Get the Vox AC30

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Well... Not really.

Vox valvetronix is ADsomethingVT. They are no way near the quality of the AC30 (which is about 5 times as expensive as the valvetronix)

Remember. Most of your tone and sound comes from your amp. Normally, you'd want to spend as much money on an amp as you spend on a guitar.

A valvetronix would not do justice to a $1000 guitar.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

the dsl401 seems to have a problem with heating

i can't find this crate palomino on musiciansfriend
Quote by Thekillerbob
Can that washburn do blues?

Any guitar can do any genre with the proper amp, so never mind that.
Get the Palomino.
^Depends on how much you'd use it It's not meant for heavy use.

Go to www.carvin.com, pick out a body, and customize it to your specifications.

By far the best value for your money.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.