So ive had a pierce on my eyebrow for about 3 months. All was good up until 2 weeks ago i noticed that hey, there seems to be less of my cartilage on the eyebrow. I thought it was just me, then i noticed the "rod" seemed to get looser and looser so i really am losing some of that cartlidge. Now ive read about something where the body rejects the pierce.

So thing is, i used to clean my pierce every 2-4 days. Then i just stopped, you know i figured i dont need to anymore. So what was happening is, parts of where the pierce is was crusting(which i read was fine). But they were crusting, then falling off(which isnt a good thing). Now the question is, is that the body rejecting the pierce, or was it cause i stopped cleaning it. and second of all, i have a hole in my eyebrow, how long till it heals and i can pierce again.
Quote by greendayguitar
. My drmmer is always like "Man, write something crazy that goes like REEEEE REE REE RE RE RE REEEEEEEEE DOLOWOLOLDOLDOWLWOWJRFDSJKAGLDSAGJKDSAHFJKDSAHGFJDSAHGL... You know?"

torrentleech invite please
piercing!! not pierce!

EDIT: Oh and you should usually wait for it to heal before getting it done again, but this time you'll have some scar tissue so it'll hurt way more when it gets done.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
First of all, eyebrows don't have any cartilage, second, yes, your face is rejecting the piercing, which means it'll heal up within a few months if it pushes through. It'snot from you not cleaning, surface piercings just get rejected sometimes.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
you lwys hear of eyebrow piercings growing out i wouldnt worry about it too much, if you want to just get it done again
I'm sorry, it'd due to AIDS.

My condolences.
Member of the 7-String + ERG Legion.
surface peircings usually fall out after a length of time

i had my eyebrow peirced and it fell out after bout half a year or something

its just what happens
www.myspace.com/adayoverdue

GEAR-
Guitars-
Ibanez SA260lh
Epiphone SG-black lefthand
Vintage Metal Axxe
Westfield Les Paul copy

Pedals
BOSS Metal Core
BOSS TU2
BOSS NS2
BOSS BF3 Flanger

BOSS BCB60

Amp
Orange Dual Terror head
perhaps i should pierce the other eyebrow for now =(
Quote by greendayguitar
. My drmmer is always like "Man, write something crazy that goes like REEEEE REE REE RE RE RE REEEEEEEEE DOLOWOLOLDOLDOWLWOWJRFDSJKAGLDSAGJKDSAHFJKDSAHGFJDSAHGL... You know?"

torrentleech invite please
The crusting is normal, just means the piercing is healing. The crust isnt your eyebrow falling off, its just a liquid that comes out of the piercing, dries out and turns into a crust.

If you stop cleaning it before its healed, it could get infected. However, i think you would know about it if it was infected because it would be painful and probs look abit nasty.

Eyebrow piercings usually work their way out, but not usually as quickly as you've said. Perhaps the piercing was too shallow when you got it?

As for when it comes out, you'll have a mark in your eyebrow, although how conspicuous this is can vary, but you wont have an actual hole there for long.

I'd to like to emphasise that I am not a pro or anything, just did some research when i had an eyebrow piercing (now retired) done a few years ago, so i may be talking a load of old arse for all i know. Speak to someone who really knows what they're talking about to be safe (i.e. not someone on a forum).