well...which one of the two do you think is better???
MY GEAR:
IBANEZ RGT42DX
Crate GT65
Digitech RP200 effects pedal

ESP LTD B-50
Peavey Max 112

Shure SM-58
jackson rr5
Most random lyrics ever...

"thunder pounds when i stomp the ground like a million elephants and silverback orangutans you cant stop a train" - B.O.B - Outkast
Jackson
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Jackson. I had one and thought it was built better and sounded better then the Gibby. The only reason I sold it was because I didn't like sitting down with it, and while I don't need to sit down often, I like to be comfortable when I do. That and because of the shape string changes could be a pain sometimes.
Quote by dnamra13
the gibson i bought in my summer holiday a gibson explorer and at the same day i played the jackson rr5 and a gibson flying v the rr5 is really hard to sit down with and when you stand the thing is less balanced + the pickups arent as alive as the gibson pickups

so i played the gibson v and it sounds really open but if i were you i would also look at the gibson explorer because you can sit with it and it sounds awsome

the jackson looks better on paper but you really have to play the guitars in a store to make up your mind

are you serious, its really not that hard to play a rhoads sitting down, takes about a week to get used to but its not hard, and the neck on the jackson in my opinion is more playable than the gibson.
Up the Irons

Jackson RR5
Peavy valveking212
Zakk Wylde distortion
Crybaby from hell.
Quote by TheDev01dOne
I like everything about the Jackson better except it probably has a wafer thin, flat neck like 90% of other Jacksons which would make it unplayable to me.

Actually, it's quite a thick neck by Jackson's standards. A hell of a lot thicker than I thought, which made me like it more consider I like thick necks. Reminded my of a Les Paul 60s neck, but then maybe it was just that one guitar.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
with an RR5, a cable with a right angled jack plug solves most of your sitting problems.

Quote by haz_uk
with an RR5, a cable with a right angled jack plug solves most of your sitting problems.

good call

id describe jackson necks as somewhere between a strat and an ibanez
i actually prefer the gibson, but i do love both they both kinda suit different styles, the jackson is alder and for me thats more of a solo tone, its bright and really cuts with the midrange, the gibson is mahogany so its alot darker and warmer sounding, great for blues, rythm for rock or metal, good lead tone but id give jackson the win for a good lead tone. id say play them both and find what you like better, both are great guitars i dont think anyone can dispute that
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by dnamra13
the gibson i bought in my summer holiday a gibson explorer and at the same day i played the jackson rr5 and a gibson flying v the rr5 is really hard to sit down with and when you stand the thing is less balanced + the pickups arent as alive as the gibson pickups

so i played the gibson v and it sounds really open but if i were you i would also look at the gibson explorer because you can sit with it and it sounds awsome

the jackson looks better on paper but you really have to play the guitars in a store to make up your mind

How were you sitting with the Rhoads? You have to sit with it in between your legs, not resting on your right thigh. Also, I have no idea what you're talking about when it came time to stand with it. The only Randy V's that aren't balanced when standing are the JS series Randy's. I've played the RR5 standing and it's perfectly balanced when standing.
Quote by Diamond Dave
good call

id describe jackson necks as somewhere between a strat and an ibanez

yeah I'd agree there not really thin like ibanez, which i don't really like the feel of, its like holding onto an anorexic chick, you need something there.
Jackson necks are just awesome Imo
I think you should go with the RR5 there awesome and the sitting down thing don't be put off their fine you just sit with it in-between your legs.
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
I have the RR5, its a bit awkward sitting down. I use the guitar strap for balance.