would this guitar be decent for metal/hard rock?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG4EXQM1-Quilted-Maple-Top-Electric-Guitar?sku=519785

also, i switch between standard and Drop D tuning alot so would the Floyd make this hard?
i've never used a floyd rose bridge before so does it take time to learn how to set up?
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
yes, yes and yes
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by Phillitalian
yes, yes and yes

yes to what?

nevermind.
wasnt paying attention
Quote by rockybo
yes the floyd would make it difficult, sometimes I can get it all the way down there with the fine tuner but thats pushing it
Quote by dm1925
yes to what?

nevermind.
wasnt paying attention

basically yes to everything
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by hammondrckr
yes the floyd would make it difficult, sometimes I can get it all the way down there with the fine tuner but thats pushing it

what about the EVH D tuna?
do you know how it works?
Quote by rockybo
I have have a floyd rose and as long as when you string up the fine tuner is in the middle then you'll be able to get down to drop D very easily. They do take a while to string up though and mega down tuning (drop C or B) is impossible so keep your alan keys handy.

You can get other people to set it up for you.

and yes It is a killer guitar for metal
Even with the fine tuners. It will still take at least 3 to 5 minutes to tune it properly to drop D from standard. If you want to go to drop C. That will take at least 30 minutes as you will need to adjust the spring tension at the back as well.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by GodzillaComplex
I have have a floyd rose and as long as when you string up the fine tuner is in the middle then you'll be able to get down to drop D very easily. They do take a while to string up though and mega down tuning (drop C or B) is impossible so keep your alan keys handy.

i dont go into drop c or anything like that but would the d tuna be worth the 40$?
Quote by rockybo
Quote by GodzillaComplex

No, you can't

ANytime you adjust the tuning of the low E, fine tuners or otherwise, the resultin imbalance of tension sends all the other strings out of tune. If you think it doesn't then sorry to say you simply can't tell if your guitar is out of tune.

Even if you use a D-Tuna the same thing is going to happen unless you block the trem.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com