i'm not sure if this is the right forum. but i'm looking for bands that are new but have a older driving 60's 70's style rocks feel.
some of the ones i've found are:
the parlour mob
vietnam
and rosehill drive

do you have any suggestions?

i guess not classic rock
better way to describe it is psychedelic folk rock with lots of energy
Last edited by guitaruboy at Sep 16, 2007,
Quote by kickouthejams
wolfmother i think has a nice classic rock groove

i forgot to mention that they are indeed amazingly fun to play along with
wolfmother.
Quote by ratracekid111
And the Tax! Dear God! When I only get one virgin a month, I want the whole freakin' thing! The damn government shouldn't be chopping it in half
the eagles of death metal have a great 70's garage rock sound. and despite their name, they sounds nothing like death metal
stuff:
guitar.
amp.
acoustic.
Wooden Shjips, quite possibly the best band at the moment focused mainly on the psychedelic and a bit more modern sounds.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Decemberadio!
Quote by the strikes
Banned for giving me a laugh!

Quote by nrc141
another fine example of natural selection not quite working fast enough...

Quote by Twist of fate
Oh Jesus haha
I can't wait for the day we can make superbombs from amp

^You player twist of fate!
Quote by Andrewbiles
Wooden Shjips, quite possibly the best band at the moment focused mainly on the psychedelic and a bit more modern sounds.

I've listened to them before
Sent from my iPad.
I wonder when...

Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I saw Rose Hill Drive open up for the Who. They were really good. Them and wolfmother are very good back-in-the-day sounding bands.
Quote by Reverb X
I think you should touch your penis. It solves all problems.

Quote by JimmyPageda2nd
My penis is not huge.

EDIT: If anyone sigs that, I'll beat their ass.

Member of the Nobody Club:We Don't Matter Enough To Have Titles. PM gunther_sucks to join
Thanks to the OP for suggesting VietNam. I gave them a listen and they're great. The singer thinks he's Bob Dylan just a little bit too much but some great songs and a nice sound.

Now I've bought the record. Of course if the record companies had their way I wouldn't have been able to check them out first so wouldn't have foud out I liked them and wouldn't have bought the record. Muppets.
I was thinking Priestess or the black crowes type stuff
Quote by AluminumOxide
Cobain killed himself before he learned to play guitar.

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus