I've been looking for a keyboard lately. I don't really have a price range. I just know that I don't wanna go over $1000 because it'd take me forever to save up that much with the job that I currently have. I want something that has some pretty dark sounds, but still has a good piano sound too, because I love classical stuff. For the gothic stuff tho, I was thinking something around the lines of a Cradle of Filth and Type O Negative tone, because those bands have so many great keyboard effects on their songs. I also want a keyboard that has some sweet choir vocals settings, like where I can press down on keys and get a dark and evil sounding church choir, lol.

I've considered a Yamaha YPG 525 or 625. A lot of the reviews I read says that they only have one audio out, and that's the headphone jack. It confuses me, because I'm not sure how keyboards work. I want something that I can plug directly into my mixing board and record, and I don't know if that will allow me to do it. Anyways, I'd appreciate any recommendations. Thanks.
..::RIP::..
Randy Rhoads & Dimebag
oh you mean musical keyboard?
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
I'm gonna say buy a harpsichord- they sound well gothicy cool. (Sorry I don't know much about keyboards).
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Get a motif, they are 1200 or so, but the best 1200 dollars you will spend good sir. PLUS!, it looks good with any set, including goth.

Get a motif, and fulfil the prophecy.
any decent keyboards will have the effects that will get similar effects to type o negative etc. my band do alot of covers of their stuff, im not the keyboardist though so couldnt tell you a great deal about it. Its worth going into shops n trying it out and playing around with the effects units, its often suprising how good the effects can be on keyboards with a smaller price tag.
Quote by splinter26
any decent keyboards will have the effects that will get similar effects to type o negative etc. my band do alot of covers of their stuff, im not the keyboardist though so couldnt tell you a great deal about it. Its worth going into shops n trying it out and playing around with the effects units, its often suprising how good the effects can be on keyboards with a smaller price tag.

What kind of effects?

If you want to twist the sounds on a keyboard like what electronic bands do, make sure it has a filter. I am sure that whatever type O negative is, they use filters. Just make sure you got a cutoff, resonance, attack and release. That's really all you need, the rest doesn't do that much (unless it's an envelope).
when i read this at first i thought u ment you wanted to blow 1000 dollars on a Computer Keyboard to type with... but as said before, Motifs are good i suppsoe
If you want something that does all that stuff, you'll probably need some kind of workstation keyboard. I think you can get a Yamaha MO6 for less than a grand, and some cheaper Korgs. Try to stay away from home keyboards if you want to look remotely professional.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
I'm really looking for an 88 key keyboard, so I can have all the octaves and what not.

It seems like everyone loves the Korg Tritons, but they're way to expensive to me. about $500 would be the ideal price range, maybe a little more or less. I just want something good that I can record with, that is insanely evil, haha.

EDIT - This is the kinda stuff I'm talking about. I don't know what kinda keyboard he has, but he has the same mindset as me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtwIMl_TMys
..::RIP::..
Randy Rhoads & Dimebag
Last edited by X_Deathrow_X at Sep 16, 2007,
There are also things to concider such as do you want weighted keys/semi/unweighted?
But there are loads of amazing hardware synths about too that will do what you want.
88 keys for HW synth might be a push though.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH