So after finally switching to a tube amp , ive finally faced the fact that my guitar cabinet is a giant piece of crap and is ruining my tone tremendously. (Its a crate btw) Im not entirely sure if its my Marshall DSL , but i know my cabinet is affecting the clarity. So im looking for any suggestions that would help me achieve some clarity in my distortion and also cabinet suggestions?

I play mostly modern styled rock/metal. I guess some examples would be Maylene and the Sons of Disaster , As I Lay Dying , Underoath , Circa Survive , Muse , Killswitch Engage , Saosin , and Placebo.

Also I plan on getting a 2nd amp , a used 5150 , so any cab suggestions that would run great with the DSL and the 5150 would be great. Orange or Mesa cabs maybe?

Thank you for any help
we must become the change we want to see.
If you are willing to get an Orange or Mesa priced one, I hear that Framus and Vader make excellent cabs. Also marshall, but I've heard Vader are the best for metal.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
I can only pass on what I have heard, so take it with "a grain of salt." I have heard Avatar cabs are good quality and excellent value. Might be worth a look. Celestions of one kind or another seem to be the speaker of choice for Marshalls.
Well thanks guys , any advice is good , i appreciate it greatly. I just want to have some ideas about what I should try out. Ill try to look into some of those but im just trying to look for a better sound for myself. I dont know any where in Houston where they carry Vader or framus cabs? Also i believe avatar cabs are custom made? Im going to guitar center in a week or two to try out a Mesa cab and a Orange.

Oh and i forgot to mention that im looking for a 2x12. Sorry , but 4x12 is just a big pain to lug around.
we must become the change we want to see.