I put in a dimarzio chopper in the bridge, a göldo diego deluxe trem (aluminum block), some grovers and switched neck and middle pickups this way I can play with neck and bridge together without messing with the wiring xD. Sounds a millions times better now.

Probably is very nice now. How much did you spend on it?
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
i have a squier and im gonna work with mine too. thanks for given me some ideas!
:stickpoke thats pretty much it
ohh...didn´t you just throw away a lot of money upgrading a squire?
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
yeah, why waste money on upgrading a squire when u can get a GOOD guitar?
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
Idk for sure, but it seems like u just spent about another Squier or so in upgrades. I would rather have gotten another guitar and sold my Squier. And even tho it sounds great and looks nice, how does it play?
Playability wasn't an issue really if feels about the same as a mexi strat... Just having to tune it every half hour of playing and the buzzy stock pickups. And the price of two squiers is still less then a new decent guitar, and I now have one.
sounds more like u have a sucky guitar with ONE decent Pup
Quote by ealtdharkon

Quote by NotTheSun3290
guys, squires are really good guitars for the money, and for upgrading. As a consequence i shall report all of your flame posts

looks cool btw, but maybe getting the chopper in white for aesthetics? other than that, looks pretty sweet, sound clips? (i have that pickup in the middle position of my ibanez)
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by mcw00t
guys, squires are really good guitars for the money, and for upgrading. As a consequence i shall report all of your flame posts

looks cool btw, but maybe getting the chopper in white for aesthetics? other than that, looks pretty sweet, sound clips? (i have that pickup in the middle position of my ibanez)

Oh, why thank u... prick
Quote by ealtdharkon

Quote by NotTheSun3290
^Stfu!

In all fairness the ts posted this to show us the upgrades etc. Not to bash hes squier.

So I would advise you just leave!

Also good job on the upgrades! What did you change the middle and neck to?
I didn't change the middle and neck, I just swapped their positions, so the original neck is now in the middle and vice versa. So if I select in between the bridge and middle I'm actually using neck and bridge.
I chose the black on purpose, so it'd stick out more. I think it looks kinda cool with the gold bridge.
Quote by magvol
Oh, why thank u... prick

and insulting me as well is going to achieve what? me reporting you again? he did what he wanted to do with his guitar, the squires are made of a good tonewood and play reasonably well. The problems with them are that the stock electronics aren't very good, neither are the stock pickups. It also suffers from tuning problems due to poor bridge and tuners. He sorted out the pickups, bridge and tuners, therefore solving many of the problems found with the squire series of guitars.
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by False_God
^Stfu!

In all fairness the ts posted this to show us the upgrades etc. Not to bash hes squier.

So I would advise you just leave!

Also good job on the upgrades! What did you change the middle and neck to?

As he said, I've seen some wicked nice squires too. I accualy would rather own a squire, If only I liked them. They can be really freaking nice though, Just not my style.

Nice upgrades though, how about a list ? cuz your prolly going to get alot of questions.
this isnt the place to bash the persons guitar, its to talk about the customizations they did on it and offer suggestions/help with customizations. if you cant do that, then leave. and the two guys who decided to be jerks may want to check their emails
What grovers did you use and how much were they? I'm considering getting new tuners for my Squier.
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
to go with the gold tuners( or to be) and gold bridge.. Get a gold Pickguard also. and maybe gold knobs.
nice. I'm int he process of modding my squier strat.

1. Replace stock pickups with Texas Specials.

2. New neck w/ maple fretboard

3. new electonics

4. new paint job. Navy blue w/ EVH style bright yellow lines

5. new pickguard of the same color

6.new tuners

so basically, the only thing I'm keeping is the body. its gonna cost me a ton of money but it will be like an american strat for half the money.
Been posted before but Squires aren't that bad. Better than walking into Wal-mart or Circuit City for your guitars. Besides for the amount of money spent modding it I don't see how that's a new guitar or at least one worth mentioning. May as well learn a few things/do what you enjoy/have fun modding a Squire to sound good thus dealing with what you have. Nice job I'm also almost done with my Squire too, I just need a pickguard and pots.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
I got grover mini rotomatics and they cost 57€ if I remember correctly. I know I should've gotten a godlen jack as well I realized that when I put everything in :S.
upgrades aren't a waste considering that the parts are all yours to do what you want with (ie. your next guitar)
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
"Juiced up squier"...isn't that an oxymoron?

Hey, to each his own, I modded my $90 plywood and elmer's glue Harmony, so I can't talk about how dumb modding a squier is.
i love squiers. if they didnt have the huge headstock i would probably buy one and mod the hell out of it. i dont like the look of those CBS headstocks but o well. each to his own. the mods sound pretty cool. hows the chopper sound in the bridge?
I LIKE Josh Klinghoffer

"Mr. Lippman of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join."

Frusciante for President in '08
you flipped the pups!!!
remember the middle one is revese wound reverse polarity, so you lost some humbucking positions.
but well you got neck and bridge humbucking...

im modding a plywood bc rich copy !!!
(seriously...)
Quote by Nick111111111
Am i missing some thing
car speaker=12 watts
outlet=120 watts
?????????????????

laws of phisics down the dump....... volts and watts are the same
Quote by phatsack
upgrades aren't a waste considering that the parts are all yours to do what you want with (ie. your next guitar)

exactly!

keep it up TS, one day youll be building your own guitars making millions. and just think, when you started with that horrible little squier you found in an alley by the ***** house and all those nuts on UG told you how much it sucks, you can look back and laugh with... damnit... ill stop talking now

edit: learn to lock those strings around the trees when you string it up and it will stay in tune a LOT longer. hmm i forget the site that shows how to do it and i cant really explain. search the web.