I have an Epiphone G-400. For some reason i cant tap or do 4+ notes pull offs/hammer ons on it. But when ever i go to my friends house and play his Ibanez i can do both. I tried lowering the action it made it a bit better but i still cant do it properly like on my friends ibanez.
What is wrong?
Schecter Damien 6
Epiphone G-400
Digitech RP200A
Vox AD30VT-XL
Quote by kidsthesedays
use the bride pickup/turn the treble up/turn the gain up

what he said, cuz i have an ibanez and i can only tap and stuff with bridge pickup, and i need gain to make it sound out better.
Quote by kidsthesedays
use the bride pickup/turn the treble up/turn the gain up

Thats what my set up is like all the time and i still cant do it.

Also im just wondering say if i broke the A string. Can i just buy a set of strings and just put on the a strings or should i put them all on?
Schecter Damien 6
Epiphone G-400
Digitech RP200A
Vox AD30VT-XL
lets keep it simple. you friend may have lighter gauge strings, which can make it easier to tap. .09's instead of .010's for example.

yes, you can just change out one string, but if the other strings are really old, that one string will sound brighter.

you will want to replace the one string with the same gauge you are using also, although it is not mandatory.

if you don't know what gauge you are using, just replace all of them the first time and buy some extra sets.
i have the same guitar and have the same problem, i can tap sometimes but its a bitch to get set up and ****, its not just a matter of tapping the strings, i and its ****, i basically cant tap, i have wonder the same thing as well.
Does your guitar have a fatter neck than the Ibanez? I'm betting yes, that would make a big difference. String gauge, already noted, can make a big difference too. Then again I can use a bit of tapping on my acoustic, pull offs are hard but can be done, but due to the really heavy strings not much bending happens, only on the two smallest strings and not much even then. I do most of my practicing on the acoustic, leads, rhythm, slide and all. I also keep my action fairly high for playing slide, 1/8" at the 12th fret, but I can do all of the above on any of my electrics with no problem, but i always look for slim necks since I can't play a fat neck, it hurts my wrist. Fat necks are harder to play in general, at least for me.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...