Ok so i got home today and went to feed my GOLDFISH.(edit lolz)

Anyway it has a giant blister like thing on each side, which resembells a sort of skin or cotton.

does anyone know whats wrong and will my fish die?

any help is apreciated
You're So Scene Right Now ^_^

Quote by Kensai
Finally his girlfriend found out what it was like giving oral sex to fishsmelling genital organs.
Last edited by Open fire at Sep 16, 2007,
Maybe it burned itself. My friend's fish did that.

Oh, and just out of curiosity, what the hell is a foldfish?
I think it's folding.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
What's a foldfish?
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
i meant goldfish, major typo there

Quote by Kensai
Finally his girlfriend found out what it was like giving oral sex to fishsmelling genital organs.
I had some sexy time with it last night.

No, serious. Is it's bowl standing in the sun?
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
The medicine to fix that would cost way more than getting a new one. It's your choice.
ಥ_ಥ
/\
no its still alive, just has giant white blisters on its sides

Quote by Kensai
There is only one cure for it, but you to REALLY LOVE your goldfish in order for it to work.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
Quote by Open fire
i meant goldfish, major typo there

no a major typo would have been ****fish, and perhaps some pics would shed some light on the situation, it would help to see exactly what you are talking about.
give me a minute,I'll upload a pic

Quote by Kensai
Pregnant
Quote by j.pagejr.
if im in a rush then its in the water but if i have time to be precise i aim for the side

Quote by Shredder6
you guys stand up?
Quote by arsonite
The medicine to fix that would cost way more than getting a new one. It's your choice.

WHAT THE HELL! You're on UG but not MSN????? Get your ass on MSN!

But yes, get a new one. Or get a pet that you can actually do stuff with.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Quote by nightraven

These are foldfish, they actually do exist apparently.

What? coi, yeah man, coi...it's a big type of goldfish....but any way I think I know what the threadstarter is talking about, my fish had something similar, that is if it's what I'm thinking of. It's type of fungus, and it will die if you don't get it some medicine, they sell it at pet shops and supermarkets, you just put it in the water and it should be fine.
Quote by arsonite

Yeah, he'll probably break the bank with that $3.50...
sounds like a water desiese (i know i didnt spell that right) called Ick. It will look as if flower the kind u bake with has clumped up on your fish you might also notice that bubble may form around his "nose". This will kill your fish if you dont act immediatly. Go to any pet store or even wal-mart and by sone anti-Ick tablets and dropem in the fish bowl/tank. that should clear it up.
maybe its mutating, into some sort of hybrid goldfish/frog/bald eagle-ish creature

that can do long division, and has a brief understanding of astro-psysics
Quote by Horlicks
Maybe he's finally becoming a butterfly!
lmfao
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
It's in a silver bowl because i have another fish and i didn't want that one to get the same thing. Sorry for crap pic

But anyway
Attachments:
fish.jpg

Quote by Kensai
Honestly: If its a big white, cottony growth,, then its something called "ick"

Yah, stupid name, but thats what they called it, and you can buy stuff to cure it, but again, it is more expensive than a new goldfish..

Also: I had a fish that had that... it was cured, but like two years later died from old age and a failed swim bladder.

Edit: oh ****, I've got on clue.. that looks horrible. Ick is more of like cottony strands on the fish, not giant bulges.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
oh **** dude, its got an infection. Clean the water quickly, and repeat every day, for the next 4 days, or it will die. It's because the water is probably warmer than usual, hence more bacteria develops inside the tank, and more algae crap forms at the bottom.
DANK MEMES
maybe you bought on of those popeye goldfishes and you just noticed it
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
It happened to my goldfish a while ago. It gonna die you'll be sad to know.

Bitches think I'm joking?!
NOPE.
My barb has one of those (forget the full term so i say barb) its been there for weeks and it doesnt seem to mind. Probably is fatal tho, my barb is 8 years old and shuda been dead 3 years ago.
The only things we hate are those things we try to hide from others.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Quote by Carmel
Either way, I don't think bananas should be placed in such proximity to an ass

I disagree. Bananas and ass are like peaches and cream.