Wow, where to start. Ok, I gotta say, i love the starting riff on That Song. It really caught my attention, but then the other guitar came in, I'm not quite sure about that. Just my opinion though. The rest of that song is brilliant.

I didn't like Worn Excerpt too much. I liked the mini solo near the start, the rest is a bit too repetitive for me.

Unamed Song is really good. Possibly the best song you've done, IMO. There's some really good acoustic guitar work there. Btw, It's spelled Unnamed

Sorry if I was too brutally honest, but that's just my opinion. Crit mine if you want: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=672054
Quote by 12Jim34
Wow, where to start. Ok, I gotta say, i love the starting riff on That Song. It really caught my attention, but then the other guitar came in, I'm not quite sure about that. Just my opinion though. The rest of that song is brilliant.

I didn't like Worn Excerpt too much. I liked the mini solo near the start, the rest is a bit too repetitive for me.

Unamed Song is really good. Possibly the best song you've done, IMO. There's some really good acoustic guitar work there. Btw, It's spelled Unnamed

Sorry if I was too brutally honest, but that's just my opinion. Crit mine if you want: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=672054

No in fact, I'm quite pleased with the fact you took the time to listen to them all, I greatly appreciate it.

Worn excerpt is repetitive because it isn't finished and I never bothered cutting it off after the mini solo .

I see what you mean about That song, I tried for a whole afternoon to get something to fit but I couldn't for the time being that's all i could get.

But thanks man, nice to see someone who actually gives better crits that ''It wus gd, crit mine pls?''
"That" Song is a really cool track. The riffs sound tight and the leads sound pretty nice, but the verse riff needs some extra punch I think. It just didn't sound as full as the rest of the riffs for some reason. Also, the first little lead lick was really cool, but it didn't sound like it fit quite right. I think it could work and it sounds good, but it would be better if you made it fit more...sorry for being so vague, but I don't know how else to say it.

Worn Excerpt is really awesome. I love the mood it evokes and the little solo in the beginning sounded great. Honestly, no complaints here at all man.

Unamed Song sounds really good too. The riffs are very peaceful and it moves along very well. The only thing I feel could be done is some really atmospheric leads on top. Nothing to up front and in your face, but just something that goes on top and supplements the mood of the riffs.

Overall, great job man. I really like your style.

If you have time, give these a listen (if you do and you don't hate it feel free to add me as well):

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=673120
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Holy crap another great response, thanks!

I'm critting your stuff right now man, thanks for the helpful crits.
that song is pretty cool sounding. i didn't really the lead tone. maybe add some reverb adn turn the mids up a bit? rythm was really sweet though

unamed song: acoustic sounds a bit out of tune. playing was really good. i like the bassline while picking pattern. very nice. strumming pattern is good to.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=673336
Too cool for a signature.
Quote by chrisatgrace
that song is pretty cool sounding. i didn't really the lead tone. maybe add some reverb adn turn the mids up a bit? rythm was really sweet though

unamed song: acoustic sounds a bit out of tune. playing was really good. i like the bassline while picking pattern. very nice. strumming pattern is good to.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=673336

Yeah I can understand why since it was played on a strangely tuned electric. ^^

I was thinking about the lead tone, maybe something cleaner, you can't tell, but on the lead at the end there's actually some delay, but it's impossible to hear.

Thanks for crit.
I'm listening to Unnamed Song right now, this is worth nothing without singing. If it's going to be an instrumental it needs to be much more interesting and have a melody, it's an awesome start to a song, but it really is nothing without singing, just a chord outline. I would also work on your attack or possibly adjust your action because you're getting a lot of fret buzz. The main riff is very nice though.

Worn Excerpt is pretty interesting harmonically. Interesting voicings. The little lead in the beginning sounds nice too.It gets way too repetitive, either have a constant melody going or sing. Nobody wants to hear a chordal outline repeat for that long.

I really like the way "That" Song sounds. Except for the lead, that doesn't fit at all. I'm not even sure if it was in key. And mood wise, it sounds WAY too upsetting for the feeling the opening riff gives. The lead fits a lot better during the minor key part of the song. Things start to sound better here.

Overall, they're good starts but I feel like they need a lot more added to them.
Quote by iwinsohard
I'm listening to Unnamed Song right now, this is worth nothing without singing. If it's going to be an instrumental it needs to be much more interesting and have a melody, it's an awesome start to a song, but it really is nothing without singing, just a chord outline. I would also work on your attack or possibly adjust your action because you're getting a lot of fret buzz. The main riff is very nice though.

Worn Excerpt is pretty interesting harmonically. Interesting voicings. The little lead in the beginning sounds nice too.It gets way too repetitive, either have a constant melody going or sing. Nobody wants to hear a chordal outline repeat for that long.

I really like the way "That" Song sounds. Except for the lead, that doesn't fit at all. I'm not even sure if it was in key. And mood wise, it sounds WAY too upsetting for the feeling the opening riff gives. The lead fits a lot better during the minor key part of the song. Things start to sound better here.

Overall, they're good starts but I feel like they need a lot more added to them.

Thanks man, but like I said before, Unamed song was played on a very strangley tuned electric, hence the fret buzz and Worn excerpt should have been cut off after the solo.

I understand what you mean about ''That'' song, it's a work in progress and i'll take what you said into consideration when I get round to re-recording it.
Hey,

I really like your recordings. "Worn excerpt", to be honest, was kinda boring. After hearing that same riff repeat a few times I just turned it off. I liked it at first, but it has to change up a bit I think, 'cause as nice as it was, it got old very fast.

""That" Song" is amazing at the start! But there is definitely a need for vocals after the intro riff, or if it's gonna be a complete instrumental, I think there needs to be more depth to it. But it's actually really, really cool and I dug it, and you definitely should work on it and make it longer.

"Unamed Song" is also very beautiful. I didn't mind the fret buzz much myself, it actually made me feel like I was sitting by a quiet fireplace and listening to someone play a nice old acoustic guitar. Cheesy description but yeah, it was really nice, and I think it could use some more melodic lines or soothing vocals to go along with it.

All of it is great and I'd love to hear them expanded on and lengthened.