how is the neck on it? I am considering buying one for my guitar project but want to get feedback from people who own one. What size are the frets? Are they medium jumbo(like on a strat), or are they jumbo?? thanks

by the way I am looking for a guitar neck to buy so if anyone has a neck they want to sell let me know.
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Custom ESP Explorer (in the making!)
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop Crybaby, Deltalab Md-1, rd 1, Morley optical Volume
which model are you looking at? the cheaper ones usually have pretty low quality frets. the agile lp copy i bought had excellent frets, but the sx stl50 (tele copy) had pretty bad frets. i replaced the neck on it with a cheapy from ebay.

ive got the original neck from that tele i could sell you. it feels very tele-like, and has large frets. ive got em filed down good though. no finish on the neck, but there is a yellow-ish finish on the fretboard. skunk strip on the neck too. no nut. id let it go for $20 plus shipping if you're interested. i can take pics too, lmk.

bad frets arent usually anything i cant handle with 2 peices of wood, a c-clamp, and a small file, anyway, so i dont consider it much of a problem.
^^^ definitely take some pictures man. If the pictures look good, I will take it off your hands. Also, you could get an estimate on shipping. If I think it is worth more than 20, I will pay you more.

thanks.
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Vox AD30VT
yea, ill hobble on in there and get that taken care of for ya haha. stuff like this i usually take to this local shipping place since i dont have the appropriate box for it. he usually charges me about half of the shipping cost to package it, so im estimating $7-10.

edit: i gave you some wrong information, my apologies. there IS a plastic nut, there is also a finish on the neck (this is a good thing though). i remembered i sanded the back of the neck down to a matte finish, but there is still a yellow-ish finish on it, but yet its nice and smooth. i had to use the string trees/ferules on the new neck, and it doesn't have the (crappy) stock tuners on it, but i can put em on there if you want (no cost, i dont ever plan on using them). so here it is....

as you can see in the pics, theres a flake taken out in the finish on the 12th fret, and there's also lacquer spraying up on one side of that fret. shouldnt be a big deal to clean that off the metal, but i dont know how to go about repairing that flake. the headstock says "Custom Handmade" so thats pretty cool if your friends dont know of SX haha.
Last edited by blind nate at Sep 16, 2007,
*PM sent*
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V
Vox AD30VT
^^ my mistake. New PM sent
My gear!
ESP LTD M-100FM
Custom RR style Flying V