I was thinking about an HSH strat, but I was wondering if they're routed for that.
My friends MIM isn't. But, just go buy a duracraft router for $20 from Farm and Fleet if you have one.

But, I will say that taking away the neck single coil tone is blasphemy.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
I either want SSS or HSH, so i'd either want a JB/Jazz SD combo with a Hot Rail in the middle, or SSS.

I love the feel/size of strats, I just want both a creamy classic rock tone and a somewhat decent hard rock/metal tone.
Quote by TJM2482
I either want SSS or HSH, so i'd either want a JB/Jazz SD combo with a Hot Rail in the middle, or SSS.

I love the feel/size of strats, I just want both a creamy classic rock tone and a somewhat decent hard rock/metal tone.

Deck out your Ibanez for metal, then keep the strat for the classic rock!
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

Aren't MIMs pool routed?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Pool routed?

I'm thinking of getting an white/rosewood MIM, and turning it into HSH.
Quote by TJM2482
Pool routed?

I'm thinking of getting an white/rosewood MIM, and turning it into HSH.

It looks like a big pool under the pickguard (aka, you can have any pickup combination that you want).
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Awesome news then, I played my friends' Squier strat, and I loved the size and feel.
mim? nah not pool. they are HSH in some cases. almost always humbucker capable in the bridge section.

a dark pick, but you can see the MIM on the right.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Just start finding random strats and unscrewing the pickguards .

What year is your MIM, Jenny?

I could've sworn I saw somewhere that they were pool-routed.

*shrug*
Quote by utsapp89
Could I walk into a guitar center or sam ash and ask if they have any Standard Strats configured for HSH? Would they be able to check for me?
Im almost certain all mexi's have an HHH routing, or an HSH.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by TJM2482
Could I walk into a guitar center or sam ash and ask if they have any Standard Strats configured for HSH? Would they be able to check for me?

All they'd have to do is unscrew the pickguard, so I'm sure it'd be fine.
Quote by utsapp89
im pretty sure fender has strats that have humbuckers in them. ive seen them advertised. i have yet to see a HHH or HSH in a store though but the stores i have up here in my town arent exactly the best.
Quote by TJM2482
Anyone? I'm looking for this sound - http://youtube.com/watch?v=bOgZpWHiyLs

I love the sound of a neck humbucker, so im hoping strats can be HSH.

I'm sure Cantrell only has a bridge bucker, and no other pickups in his G&L. He uses an array of amps though.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

I figured I'd post a little reminder. One of the most successful modern Strats was the Big Apple Strat, which had dual humbuckers (specifically a Duncan '59 in the neck and a Pearly Gates in the bridge).

The Big Apple strat came out in '97 (I believe) and was part of a series of Strats that included the Roadhouse Strat (came stock with 3 Texas Specials), pictured below for the love of all things Strat.

If I remember correctly, I believe both models used the same bodies and should have H/S/H routes under the pickguards.
^nice guitars.

Quote by FacingUsAll
All they'd have to do is unscrew the pickguard, so I'm sure it'd be fine.

i bought that strat end of 95' i think, i think the serial number is M96----

and guitar center is pretty bad at answering real tech questions. you might get a good guy or you might get a young kid just BS-ing.

if you have a local shop, ask there. but like said, a lot of times, the routing is listed under the specs online.

also fender.com customer service has an email option. you can ask them about the new mex strats.

i suggest you start out asking about Fat strats. you'll still need to swap out the guard but at least you'll know the bridge is humbucker ready.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011