hello, I am looking into purchasing a new amplifier. Here is my criteria:

-All tube
-$500-$800 range
-Not single channel
-Nice, sparkly cleans
-Good distortion, for heavier tones I could run a pedal to push the gain over the top.

I mostly play punk/ska/reggae, (and yes, I care about tone), but I also play a lot of folk, and I would like there to be a controllable amount of gain if I ever needed heavy metal distortion.

I'm looking at the Peavey Classic 30, Mesa F-30, Peavey XXX and the Palomino v32. But I need your opinions!!!
I'd try out the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. I was originally looking at it and I loved it, but my needs have switched to more of an acoustic side.
Quote by FMNStratGuy
I'd try out the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. I was originally looking at it and I loved it, but my needs have switched to more of an acoustic side.

Yes, but does the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe have the distortion I need? That is my only concern.
And for the Mesa's, where could I get them cheapest? At my local guitar center the F-30 is 900.
How much gain are we talking about here? Mesa might not be your best option.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
How much gain are we talking about here? Mesa might not be your best option.

Think Oli Herbert or As I Lay Dying, maybe Between the Buried And Me. I'm not THAT into metal, but I've gone through phases, and I want my amp to have the tone that suits it the best, or a pedal.
The Mesa, the Classic, and the Palomino don't have uber amounts of gain for AILD, but the XXX's cleans are sterile.

Maybe with an OD + EQ pedal the F-30 could do the job. But I've heard cleans were a little overcompressed.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
The Mesa, the Classic, and the Palomino don't have uber amounts of gain for AILD, but the XXX's cleans are sterile.

Maybe with an OD + EQ pedal the F-30 could do the job. But I've heard cleans were a little overcompressed.

Well if I did get a Classic or a Crate, I would also probably put a Metal Muff in front of it to push it over the top. As for the Mesa, I think the cleans are what I need and it has pretty heavy distortion, at least for what I'm looking for. (remember I play mostly punk n ska, some reggae and hardcore) But do you mean the XXX's sterile cleans are a good thing, or a bad thing?
In your position I would get the Palomino or a Fender Hot Rod 2X12. The Fender would need a petal or two for gain but the cleans would be worth it.
Peavey classic 30/ 50 are both great amps. i have played both (and currently own a classic 50, wlthough i am selling for a blues junior as the peavey is too big for me). But for your price range i would go with afender hot rod, or deluxe amp (or even blues Jr. with BillM mods)