Well i've had a few threads regarding my ts-808 build, basically i'm just getting some tips and advice on this build to save me messing up and having to re-solder everything. I know there are plenty of people here who have built this particular pedal so i just thought i'd ask a few questions before i send off for my parts.

The schematic i am working from is here
ts-808 orignal
I'm sure it will be familiar to some of you.

So firstly, what do the blue and red dotted lines mean at the bottom where the 47k resistors and 100pf caps are in series?

Also is there a major difference in tone or functionality between the truebypass version of this pedal? because i notice there is a lot of the schematic missing compared to the orignal version. (by true bypass version i mean this one

thanks
That part down the bottom is part of the electronic flip-flop switching that Ibanez used. What you can do is omit everything between the SW points and use conventional 3PDT/DPDT switching to make it a bit easier for yourself as a build. I would say that schematic would be fine to work from.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
ok but does it alter the overall effect of the pedal in such a way it makes it a crappier pedal?

thanks
Quote by 3nemy
ok but does it alter the overall effect of the pedal in such a way it makes it a crappier pedal?

thanks

Depends, some people like the fact that you don't have to spend the extra money on a 3PDT/DPDT switch (which can be one of the most expensive parts of the build), whereas some people like to be strictly true-bypass.
Personally, I'd go with omitting that section to make it a bit easier for you as a build.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
ok well thanks for that i think i'll go for true-bypass but i need to know how badly its going to ruin the pedals unique tone. For example will a true-bypass version sound different to a conventional build when activated?
sorry if bumping is forbidden but i would just like somebody to answer the last question i had in the post above without starting a new thread.
True bypass doesn't do anything. Just makes it so the signal runs straight through switches and solder joints when it's off, so less tone suckage. The buffer of the original is cheaper, allows for use of different switches and puts the signal through some boosting circuitry when off, which also maintains tone. Downside is it's more difficult to do unless 3PDT's are your arch enemy (although this wouldn't surprise me).

They only make a difference to the sound quality when off. Making it TB makes absolutely no difference to the pedal's tone.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.