ok, just a rant really, although surprisingly, it is neither a depressed one nor an angry one.

my brother and i rotate taking the bins out every week, so i end up doing it every fortnight, which just happens to be when the recycling is put out as well (which i have no qualms with.)

however, the only recycling container we are provided with is a crappy little box (which perhaps has the volume of a small amp) with which to put EVERYTHING in. now, ours is usually overflowing with glass and JUST glass, and so we have an extra bin (which isn't provided by the council) which, every fortnight, is full to the brim with bags of plastic bottles, cans and paper. i have to take it all out bag by bag because the council won't collect it if anything is mixed. in today's case, it was about 7 extra, bursting bags along with that crappy container to hold all our recycling.

across and down the street, i see containers ON THEIR OWN. so either we're the only family that recycles a substantial amount on our street or everyone else's containers are magic. we need a whole extra bin to cope with our recycling, and i think this should be provided and sorted out by the council. people would be inclined to use this extra space for all sorts of recycling, free from the worry of petty of bag collection. rather than a little box which might hold a day of recycling.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
I know what you mean. Government are all "recycle and whatever" to look good but make it as hard as possible- 'cause the money's better spent on bombs and bullets. I do recycle, but it's a pain.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
We have a green bin so it's OK for us. Have you tried ringing the council? If you get others to ring in from your area they might change, but don't count on it.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Recycling in the UK
It's coming some time, it might be
I give a wrong time stop a trafic line
Your future dream is a shopping scheme

It should be like in Vienna: big dumpsters for all different types of trash, one for every block. Actually very convenient. Divides waste well, and they're never too far away.

I now live in switzerland, where's it's ****ed up:
-there are collection points, but there's like one in a 20km radius
-they are surrounded by a tall fence with barbed wire and a surveillance camera. WTF?!
-they close at 7 o'clock and are closed on sundays. WTF?! THERE'S NO ONE THERE!
-leave trash outside the fence, or try to deposit when it's closed, pay a 100 franc fine
-they have bins for bottles, but not for any other type of plastic
-they have bins specifically for those Nescafe coffee machine capsules. OMGWTFBBQ?!
I get two bins and a fairly big box.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Sol9989
ok, just a rant really, although surprisingly, it is neither a depressed one nor an angry one.

my brother and i rotate taking the bins out every week, so i end up doing it every fortnight, which just happens to be when the recycling is put out as well (which i have no qualms with.)

however, the only recycling container we are provided with is a crappy little box (which perhaps has the volume of a small amp) with which to put EVERYTHING in.now, ours is usually overflowing with glass and JUST glass, and so we have an extra bin (which isn't provided by the council) which, every fortnight, is full to the brim with bags of plastic bottles, cans and paper. i have to take it all out bag by bag because the council won't collect it if anything is mixed. in today's case, it was about 7 extra, bursting bags along with that crappy container to hold all our recycling.

across and down the street, i see containers ON THEIR OWN. so either we're the only family that recycles a substantial amount on our street or everyone else's containers are magic. we need a whole extra bin to cope with our recycling, and i think this should be provided and sorted out by the council. people would be inclined to use this extra space for all sorts of recycling, free from the worry of petty of bag collection. rather than a little box which might hold a day of recycling.

we have two wheelie bins, one grey (for recycling), one green (for waste) and they're huge..
we do fill them both though, but that seems stupid you having a tiny box.
Can't you get another bin off the council?
Towns/citys/whatever don't want you to recycle for the sake of the environment. It's PURE revenue basically. It created a lot of jobs and they can say it's helping the environment.. Which it really is, but that wasn't on their minds when they thought about recycling. Just goes to show how such a good thing can come from bad origins.

EDIT: That was my random rant for today.
Last edited by Derek <3's You! at Sep 16, 2007,
Hmmm, in America we have recycling containers that are large enough to fit a full grown adult.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead