Founder of UG's Club

Quote by Kadaj
Yes, that's why it has big fangs, for tickling you with.

Quote by JC13
The banker has proposed an offer of FOUR BJ's...lucky911charms, Deal, or No deal?
nononono.... don't get an epiphone les paul...it's a waste of money, just save up for a REAL les paul, it's really not worth it I think...

lw
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
perhaps get an ibanez or somethinh like it...

Lw
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Epiphone Les Pauls are way more playable than Gibsons. But not the ones that are that cheap.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
If you spent $400 on your first guitar, why spend almost half on your 2nd?

Most of your tone comes from the amp. I couldnt get much power through my old Vox AD30Vt, but once I got my Peavey my S was a beast.
I would second the idea of your main issue being your amp. I don't think that Epi will do any better than a double fat Strat. You can make lower output pickups sound pretty damn crunchy with the right amount of distortion. Get some pedals or a processor and make what you have sound stronger.

BTW what amp are you using?
price aside, you've actually probably got a better guitar now anyway... you could always just upgrade the pickups to somethin stronger
you have a better guitar now then what ud get with the epiphone...
Get a new amp.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I have a Marshall AVT
Founder of UG's Club

Quote by Kadaj
Yes, that's why it has big fangs, for tickling you with.

Quote by JC13
The banker has proposed an offer of FOUR BJ's...lucky911charms, Deal, or No deal?
I'd recommend an Agile before... the AL-2500 is in the same price range as that... an AL-3000/3100 goes for $369, cheaper than an Epiphone standard and much better.
No I wouldn't I'd save up more and get something alot better for your second guitar I always thought of the second guitar as kinda saying I'm not just going to throw it away and stop playing guitar, like playing guitar is not just a phase if you get what I mean.
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
sell your marshalll avt then use the combined sums of money for a top notch amp
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD