Page 1 of 2
If you have heard the album reinventing axl rose by against me!, the greatest band of the world, let's just talk about it.

-What are your favorite songs and why?
-Did Against Me change for the better or the worst?

I, personally would like Pints of Guinness make you strong played at my funeral. Ditto?
i like scream until you're coughing up blood. thats on that one right?

and they changed for the worse in my opinion, although, them changing did inspire me to find better folk-punk bands and to try to start my own to make up for them screwing up.
I think Walking is Still Honest would be my favourite song off that album, but Pints is a close second. As for if I think Agaist Me has changed for the better or worse, I'd say they've gotten better in some ways, but lost something along the way. The vocals are so much better now, and te songwriting is still very strong, but they've lost a little but of a punk style to their music. But I think the pros outway the cons
Quote by original=punk
i like scream until you're coughing up blood. thats on that one right?

and they changed for the worse in my opinion, although, them changing did inspire me to find better folk-punk bands and to try to start my own to make up for them screwing up.

I liked Baby, I'm an anarchist! and Pints of Guinness make you strong. It seems like everyone hates their new stuff but I really like it.
That album is sweet. They're not the greatest band in the world. I haven't heard their new stuff, except one song which I thought was pretty good.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Against me? the best band in the world?

Give me Skrewdriver any day

oh man that was funny. i fucking lol'd
Quote by BrianApocalypse
If that's the good news, then the bad new was that I was adamantly serious

actually i figured that too.

i somewhat agree with you, they can be pretty awful.
Aren't there like, 7 Against Me! threads?

EDIT:
And pinheads is correct, Crime is Against Me!'s best release.
Quote by Joe-Fish
I liked Baby, I'm an anarchist! and Pints of Guinness make you strong. It seems like everyone hates their new stuff but I really like it.
I agree with everything you said
Quote by neidnarb11890
Aren't there like, 7 Against Me! threads?
Yeah but we need 30
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
That's one of my favorite albums, and my favorite songs are probably RAR, Those Anarcho Punks Are Mysterious and We Laugh At Danger (And Break All the Rules). And I think that they've gone downhill since RAR.

EDIT: And Crime does kick ass
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
If that's the good news, then the bad new was that I was adamantly serious

Haha, You'd rather to listen to white supremacists the Against Me!? I don't like Against Me!, but I really hate Skrewdriver.
Quote by original=punk

Defiance, Oh and This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb are also great bands. I couldn't say that they changed for the better, or the worse. I liked their old DIY ethic, and the raw-ness of their music, but a band can't keep making albums that sound exactly alike, or then they would get boring. I also think Eight Full Hours of Sleep is EXTREMELY underrated.
Quote by dontpush761
Defiance, Oh and This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb are also great bands. I couldn't say that they changed for the better, or the worse. I liked their old DIY ethic, and the raw-ness of their music, but a band can't keep making albums that sound exactly alike, or then they would get boring. I also think Eight Full Hours of Sleep is EXTREMELY underrated.

defiance, oh is awsome and TBISPB is cool never really got into them.

ghost mice are sick.

and all the peopel form riotfolk.org are sick too.
Quote by original=punk

ghost mice are sick.

You said in the chat you didn't like TBIAPB
Quote by original=punk

ghost mice are sick.

All three are great bands

Up Da folk punx*-)
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by StreetLight3989
Haha, You'd rather to listen to white supremacists the Against Me!? I don't like Against Me!, but I really hate Skrewdriver.

"I really would... " says the guy with a black lass.
Yes, they're black so they have different sexual mechanisms.

EVERYONE does it differently :/
I like pretty much every song off that album, but 8 hours of sleep depresses the hell out of me.

I wish they had a decent recording of that 12" or w/e it was, with Haste killed creativity, Walking is still honest, and I am citizen on it. I really like it, but I think it would be so much better if the sound wasn't so damn harsh, and I could make out more.
Quote by original=punk
don't want to sound racist cause i'm totally not.

but do they do it differently than white chicks?

I wouldn't know, I haven't had an ebony hum as of yet.
Quote by technicolour
I like pretty much every song off that album, but 8 hours of sleep depresses the hell out of me.

I wish they had a decent recording of that 12" or w/e it was, with Haste killed creativity, Walking is still honest, and I am citizen on it. I really like it, but I think it would be so much better if the sound wasn't so damn harsh, and I could make out more.

Yeah, it sucks that the quality on 12" was such sh*t. "I Am Citizen" and "All or Nothing" are awesome.
Quote by original=punk
oh man, btw, Mr President is awsome.

it needs SO much work.

It has to sound huge and orchestral.

That said, I'm tempted to do some work on sherlock, because I've got some cool london sounds.

Take this, for example, and skip to about 2:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VwU_oS2ErQ

That melody. Always reminds me of "It's not enough" by Johnny Thunders.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
it needs SO much work.

That said, I'm tempted to do some work on sherlock, because I've got some cool london sounds.

alright, ill check it.

orchestral would sound sick.

EDIT: man that meldoy was, dare i say it? ****ING EPIC
Quote by BrianApocalypse
it needs SO much work.

*listens*

I see whatcha mean
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
I know, it is quite literally, the sound of Victorian London.

I'm going to incorportate that into my sherlock album several times. A leitmotif of sorts.

Don't get me wrong, I don't dig no classical music, it's as boring and repetitive as pop, but I think that Johnny Skull****'s golden greats with the London Philharmonic would be the greatest album of all time.

Provided that I find that great bass player, that is.
Some of it's alright, most of it is god awful. I'd rather listen to Yes.

And that's far worse than my previous skrewdriver preference

I'm looking forward to the golden greats album though
One of the best records ever. Walking is still honest is my favourite AM! song. Even though I love new against me aswell, I think Reinventing is their best album so far.
Everything up to and including Reinventing Axl Rose was amazing. My favorite Against Me songs are probably...

-Walking is Still Honest
-What We Worked For
-We Laugh at Danger (And Break All the Rules)
-I Am Citizen
Against me are awful in my opinion. They're like the new Leftover Crack. They get all big with the girls and punx then they die out a year later.
Quote by llanafreak44
Against me are awful in my opinion. They're like the new Leftover Crack. They get all big with the girls and punx then they die out a year later.

They've been big in the DIY community since their early acoustic stuff, you don't know what you're talking about.
Quote by TheAdict310
They've been big in the DIY community since their early acoustic stuff, you don't know what you're talking about.

I never said anything about not being DIY. I'm just saying that at this moment in time, they've gotten really popular with the kids.

Now all I see are a bunch of punks with acoustic guitars playing songs on myspace, kind of how when Leftover Crack got big, every other myspace local punk bands were labeled as Punk/Ska/Death Metal.
Page 1 of 2