I made a talkbox and did everything to what people online said to do. (YouTube and other sites helped.) And now, my talkbox still doesn't work... well it does, but its really not loud. I put a three inch speaker from a TV into it, soldered them to a pigtail wire to a female jack. Then I put a funnel on the speaker, caulked it to a tackle box, then put half inch outer diameter hose on it. I can hear it, but its really quiet. Is this how its supposed to be? Or can you usually hear it without micing it?
Quote by JC13
...It's not going to be loud at all unless you have the hose going up the mic stand, and then out so that it echoes through your mouth... Into the mic. .

Yeah, well I thought that it could be heard without a mic. Like I saw this kid playing a song on guitar with a talk box and he didn't have a mic, but you could hear it on the video.
Quote by JC13
He must have had one hugeass speaker in there then. Or incredulously high, tooth rattling volume levels. Or a really sensitive computer mic. One of those, most likely. . It'll sound better/louder/clearer with a mic anyway.

Alright thanks! I'll be back with the outcome.
I want to sweep pick and use a talkbox...
I can imagine that being amazing or really disappointing...
Hopefully not the latter.
Anyone done that before?
So uh yeah. I tried micing it. It didn't work at all. I'm really disappointed. Me and my dad have tried everything. Doesn't work.

We followed everything verbatim.
Quote by guitarkid2113
Yeah, well I thought that it could be heard without a mic. Like I saw this kid playing a song on guitar with a talk box and he didn't have a mic, but you could hear it on the video.

Mine is pretty loud without a mic, but I have a real non-ghetto one. It can be heard without a mic, but just not really loud.

EDIT: I haven't used mine in a few weeks cus it got all unplugged and its a bitch to set up again.