A friend of mine (well, two friends of mine really - a carpenter and a guitarist/auto mechanic) are going to have our go at building an electric guitar. However, we don't want to pay market prices for things like pickups and bridges and nuts, as they're RIDICULOUSLY priced considering they're $4 pieces of metal and $2 of wire wrapped around $2 of magnet.

Basically, I don't care how crappy anything is, if you have something: post away, and I'll make an offer.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
pickups are expensive because thats one of the most important parts of the guitar. its not just some magnets and wires, every pickup is different and built differently.
Quote by thvstdffrnc
i have every part that comes in a squier affinity strat. all taken apart.

$40 shipped?

Quote by Ez0ph
pickups are expensive because thats one of the most important parts of the guitar. its not just some magnets and wires, every pickup is different and built differently.

yes, pickups are important, but nonetheless the materials to build them cost a composite $5 and are machine made nowadays. If you think the markup isn't ridiculous, you've never looked into it. It sucks hand winding pickups. It doesn't suck having a machine do them... hence why Lane Poors used to go for $300.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
i got some pickup rings, 2 humbuckers, volume and tone pots, blade switch, input jack.....

actually, I just have an old Ibanez RG120 taken apart.
Quote by thvstdffrnc
i have every part that comes in a squier affinity strat. all taken apart.

is that everything bodu neck and all im interested maybe depending on what your wanting out of it as a project
Quote by TastyMooglePie
i got some pickup rings, 2 humbuckers, volume and tone pots, blade switch, input jack.....

actually, I just have an old Ibanez RG120 taken apart.

again project intrest any pics of it and any idea on asking price
I have a Hondo LP that you can use for whatever parts you want. If your interested shoot me a pm.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.