okay so I have been playing the acoustic guitar for about 8 months, but I have not learnt bar chords yet. I got a electic guitar yesterday and I was wondering where do I start? cuz I know some stuff from acoustic but I dont know where to begin on electric. Like do I begin with simple chords bar chords learing about sliding posistions and the wammy bar and things like that
thanks
*Lukas Rossi* *Kelly Clarkson*
What music do you listen to? Personally, I would begin with powerchords and scales simultaneously (the power chords are more fun, true, but you will see how much scales help you improve) downstrokes (again, depending on what you play), like learning the intro of master of puppets... and such
oh, and bending and vibrato
electric and acoustics basics are the same....

edit: now that you got an electric you could start by developing some speed.... depending on the music styles you like.... bar chords would be good too
Quote by Klayy
What music do you listen to? Personally, I would begin with powerchords and scales simultaneously (the power chords are more fun, true, but you will see how much scales help you improve) downstrokes (again, depending on what you play), like learning the intro of master of puppets... and such
oh, and bending and vibrato

um I listen to mostly rock music...some pop. Is there a website that can teach you power chords and scales??
*Lukas Rossi* *Kelly Clarkson*
powerchords...alternate picking...scales...12 bar blues...basic intros like enter sandman...that kinda stuff
Quote by Alex The Red

If it doesn't have to do with tube amps or sex most of us don't really care..

Quote by Kutanmoogle

Looks like Lars Ulrich decided to become a hacker.

Quote by aaron6890
penises FTW

not in the gay way

<.<
>.>

Quote by headspin
um I listen to mostly rock music...some pop. Is there a website that can teach you power chords and scales??

Look around this site and you should find plenty of stuff that will help:

Justin Guitar