Page 1 of 2
I don't know about you, but I'm sick of people talking about the guitar like it's some ridiculous computer game or something. I see people posting things like "Ibanez pwnz Fender" or "Boss pedals are 1337" or "bass is for n00bs" or **** like that. For Christ's sake people, it's a musical instrument. Just because guitars come in lots of shapes and colors like stuff in world of warcraft doesn't mean they should be treated like that. I just saw a thread about a "guitar ladder" where players are "ranked" based on speed and ability. Wow. If you want to be in the high scores, go play diablo 2. You never see pianists or drummers or saxophonists spouting rubbish like that. The rest of the musical community looks down on the modern guitarist because of this sort of attitude. Even though I'm a classical guitar student, other musicians at my school assume I have very limited knowledge of music theory simply because of the stereotype attached to my instrument. I think the way people talk about guitars and related equipment is degrading and should be changed. Does anyone else agree?
Yes, you're spot on bud.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by SkyValley
I don't know about you, but I'm sick of people talking about the guitar like it's some ridiculous computer game or something. I see people posting things like "Ibanez pwnz Fender" or "Boss pedals are 1337" or "bass is for n00bs" or **** like that. For Christ's sake people, it's a musical instrument. Just because guitars come in lots of shapes and colors like stuff in world of warcraft doesn't mean they should be treated like that. I just saw a thread about a "guitar ladder" where players are "ranked" based on speed and ability. Wow. If you want to be in the high scores, go play diablo 2. You never see pianists or drummers or saxophonists spouting rubbish like that. The rest of the musical community looks down on the modern guitarist because of this sort of attitude. Even though I'm a classical guitar student, other musicians at my school assume I have very limited knowledge of music theory simply because of the stereotype attached to my instrument. I think the way people talk about guitars and related equipment is degrading and should be changed. Does anyone else agree?

i agree, but there is no way of stopping it
Quote by Survivalism
Your parents go ass-to-mouth and then kiss you.

The truth can be a horrific thing some times
Who cares? There are more worrying issues at hand than how people talk on the internet....
We may have that stereotype attached, but that attitude also means that fans view us as cooler. Screw the rest of the musical community. Who needs a pianist when you have a stratocaster? Also, the same stereotype applies to drummers, and maybe even some pianists (only if they play keyboard).

---------------------------
My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Dunlop Crybaby Original Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.
Quote by Moggan13
Who cares? There are more worrying issues at hand than how people talk on the internet....

+1
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
ts, your post was the dumbest thing ive ever read

well the first half at least
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
there should be a meaningless rant thread
Guitars
Godin Velocity w/ Schaller locking tuners
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzio Crunchlab & Liquifire
Seagull Coastline S6 Burst GT QI
Random Ibanez Bass

Gear
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Guitarislife125
Heaven forbid people on the internet, on an internet forum, use internet slang!

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
OMG u broke the internet!!!! ^

My Gear:
Ibanez RG350DX
Line 6 Spider III 75W
Ibanez SM7 Smash Box
Dunlop Crybaby Original Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.
you stole my motto (guitar isn't a video game) but used it in the wrong context. Comparing equipment is just spoilt rich kids comparing toys. Treating it like a video game is trying to achieve the fastest speeds instead of highest scores or whatever.
Also, most noob guitarists don't know any theory and half the good guitarists don't. The ones that do tend to make less popular music (and not very likable music. They're only appreciated by guitarists who want to play fast). This is why people stereotype guitarists.
It's not a big deal anyway. It's the most popular instrument today.
yeah this happens alot

people being rated based on speed or equipment

so much bashing of ______ while favoring ________

those blanks could be filled in with almost any guitar, pedal, or amps
Dude. It's the internet. Get over it.

If you want REAL competition without dumbsh!t language/sportmanship, go to a nearby guitar center or music store and challenge a sales assistant to a shred-off or something.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by Eminored
You're just mad because you weren't able to complete the Freebird quest and get +10 agi and dex.

+1. Captain n00b0witz.
I agree, and bass isn't for "noobs"... Besides every great band has a bassist, so your calling Roger Waters a noob?
Gear
Takamine EG5015S
Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Fender Strat
Fender Stage 1600 (160 Watt)
Digitech Hot Head
Digitech Hot Rod
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Factory
Lolol@guitar hero 2 pre-song line.

"You need a mini fridge in your practice space. It's more important than a bassist."
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Quote by jd44
I agree, and bass isn't for "noobs"... Besides every great band has a bassist, so your calling Roger Waters a noob?

He's not that great of a bassist, honestly.
Listen to some Charles Mingus for some excellent bass

Off topic, but your name and avatar kick a ton of ass, SkyValley.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

My Les Paul is teh awesomeset amount of Win ever made by the power of Wizzards and it pwns j00.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
well does that mean that were lower then you or that you and your fellow pianist's, trombonist's,and whatnot are just a bunch of snooty nosed blue bloods? i have fun with who i am and what i play, and if that makes me less of a musician in your eyes, i could care less.

and another thing! my father has been playing piano, bass, guitar, tuba, trombone, and many other things for about 30 years. my brother plays bass and 4 of my uncles play music. (my uncle don even opened for led zeppelin on there first american tour). we are all working class thugs and i dont have enough money to go to any college, let alone a music school. so for you to be complaining about how your looked down on makes me wanna fudge my pants with laughter!!!

thats it. im spent.

/rant
jackson dinky build!

do you live in a country?

pics dude or a vid of you trying to say 'bananaramapancake'
so it comes out brabrabrabwabwa

^about when i came home from the dentist and my face was numb from novacaine.
Quote by SkyValley

first off. People who say something like "Ibanez Pwnz Fender" are jumping on the bandwagon because of what other people say! And they obviously dont realise alot of its personaly preference! Its all subjective and you should ignore it instead of bitching about it!

Only very few people now a days judge on speed. And drummers do have the same "attitude" as guitarists! I dont know about pianists etc.
Funny you should write all that, because I hear rumours of a videogame where you can actually simulate playing a guitar!
I know you don't believe me, it's rediculous concept I know, treating the guitar like it was just some multi-platinum selling videogame for various gaming systems and stuff.
I don't know where these hippies get their ideas from.

Crazy.

You should look at guitarists who are actually good and make music out of passion, not some spoilt brats who believe elves walk among us and who get 2000 Euros worth of gear from their parents only to waste it on their talentless shallow selves.

And classical guitar has always been, and will always be looked down upon by violin/piano/etc musicians. As far as I know, that's the way it's always been, and not about to change.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by GiantRaven
Hey...

Just cause its true

Your avatar is amazing.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by Eminored
nuh-uh, LPs only help in the earlier lvls. every1 noes u need an ibanez like Vai's when you go 2 the Progressive/Experimental lands.

onli da schetar or esps ken fite da bawss @ da metal kastle
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
lol wut?

I'm not so much sick of that, as I have no idea what you're talking about....

But I am sick of these retarded scene kids at school who think they are "guitarists" just because the own a ****ty guitar they never play. You have to actually play to be a guitarist people, jeez.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Page 1 of 2