I've been saving up to get a peavey Valveking lately, and I've finally gotten enough money for it. Lately, I've been reading that if you want a good high-gain sound, you would probably need a pedal to boost the distortion a little. I've been looking at the DS-1, and the TS7 Tubescreamer. I know that the original tubescreamer would be my best bet, but i want something cheaper. I'd get the original if I could, though. I want something that I could use to boost the sound, but also use to get a slight overdrive if I wanted to.

Anyways, on to the question: Which should I choose? Ds-1 or TubeScreamer?
Any other suggestions would be great as well.

Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
well are you going to be using yoru cleans? if not ive heard that the windsor is better than the VK
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
some clean boosts are:
BBE Boosta Grande
MXR Micro Amp

these are the ones i've tried or made, and liked. they give big boost.

some on the market i haven't tried, or didn't like:
EHX LPB
EHX Germanium Boost

Some not clean boost but u might like:
Dallas Rangemaster (clone u can make it easily)
Tubescreamer (get maxon. ibanez have bad bypass)
Boss BD (not the greatest bypass, but cheaper)
Digitech Badmonkey (not greatest bypass, not the best, but $40.)

whats ur budget? cuz if u can dish out $150+, u can get decent pedals.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Well, I don't really have enough money for a half stack..I'm talking about the valveking 112. I only have $500 right now...If I were to save up enough to get a half stack, I would buy a used 5150/6505 anyways.

Edit: I can't really dish out $150, The reason I have money right now is because of my birthday. Usually my relatives have no idea what to buy so they just give me some money. I've gotten around $230 so far from family and friends, and I might get a little bit more from my grandparents, but i'm not sure, it could be anything between $40 or $100 dollars, so at the moment my budget is indefinite, but somewhere in between there for sure.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Last edited by gucio93 at Sep 16, 2007,
he's not looking for a clean boost

uh you should be fine with just the valveking
I recomend a fuzz pedal like the big muff rather than distortion pedals
try taking the distortion on your amps distorted setting way down and putting somthing like the an MXR distortion III ZW-45 or coffin case pedal in front of it that works nicley
Guitars
Gretsch corvette
Epiphone SG special

Effects
RP350
big muff pi
crybaby wah
RC-2 loop station

Amps
Spider II 15W
Bugera 333XL 212
As I always do when I mention Danelectro I will be ready to get flamed. Check out the Danelectro Daddy-O distortion. It's what I use on my VK. It has a lot of distortion, crunch and the pinch harmonics leap out. Use it on the clean channel. Real reasonable price. If you get a chance try one before you buy. I also like the Big Muff PI.
Alright, I'll try and look into that danelectro, I'm not sure if any of the stores around here will carry it though..there are no guitar centre, or sam ash style stores, There are just a few small stores, but I'll try and find it.

Yeah, I was also looking at the big muff, what does it sound like, though? are there any soundclips anywhere someone could link me to?
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Log on to Musician's Friend. Find the Daddy-O pedal. They have sound clips on the page. Haven't listened to them.