I'm playing through a Crate GFX-15 right now and I definitely need something new; as you can imagine, the sound just "isn't there." However, I'm having some problems deciding on a new amp to buy.

I live on a college campus in the dorms, so basically I'm looking for a really nice bedroom amp. I'm not in a band and the only recording I'd be doing would be for kicks and for practice purposes, so it doesn't need to be the best; I'd really like to get something with enough quality tone to keep me from hating to plug in, however. I play anything from Blues to Heavy Metal and the only things really important to me are non-muddy cleans and a dirty sound strong enough to do at least Thrash - I can get effects through stomp boxes. I'd almost actually prefer it if the amp required a pedal to boost the signal to heavier levels, so long as it can do it, as that would make it able to come back down and I wouldn't be stuck with an only-metal machine.

I'm playing with an '84 Gibson Explorer with old '80s Gibson Dirty Fingers pickups, which will be replaced, if that helps churn out the ideas. Was looking at Roland Cubes and Vox Valvetronix, but I just dunno.

Sorry for the wall of text, btw. :P
Last edited by Wanderer259 at Sep 16, 2007,
Check out the new Vox XL series, the 15 in particular.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
^ +1
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
+2 micro cube
yerp im sure ill add something amazing here some day.
+3 micro cube
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
try some of peavys smaller versions of there full sized amps like the winsdor studio
Guitars
Gretsch corvette
Epiphone SG special

Effects
RP350
big muff pi
crybaby wah
RC-2 loop station

Amps
Spider II 15W
Bugera 333XL 212