Page 3 of 9
Quote by Doolittle
needs more Richard Hell...

As much as I love Richard Hell, none of his albums are really essential. They are essential to me, seeing as I love his music, but not to everybody, and certainly not in the Alt/Indie Forum. Then again, that's jut my 2 cents.
The Good, the Bad, and the Queen - Self-titled?
Technically the band's unnamed but they're pretty good.
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
I nominate Grizzly Bear - Yellow House just because it's probably the best album of the past five years (and that's saying A LOT)
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

No M.i.a.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

i tend to disagree. Arular was a very solid album.

here is my list of possible 2005 releases:
MIA - Arular
The National - Alligator
Animal Collective - Feels
Sufjan Stevens - Illinoise
LCD Soundsystem - s/t
Deerhoof - The Runners Four
The Hold Steady - Separation Sunday
Quote by SugarRush66
I have no idea if any of these have been mentioned already, or if they're even on the original list, but I'd say:

Bloc Party - Bloc Party
65daysofstatic - The Fall Of Math
Weezer - The Blue Album
Idlewild - The Remote Part

that doesn't exist
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
I think he means Silent Alarm
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
^sorry!
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
Yep, 2005 is now open for debate.

Here are some to think about.

MIA - Arular
The National - Alligator
Animal Collective - Feels
Sufjan Stevens - Illinoise
LCD Soundsystem - s/t
Deerhoof - The Runners Four
The Hold Steady - Separation Sunday
Lou Barlow - Emoh
Camille - Le Fil
Orange Juice - The Glasgow School

Personally I wouldn't go for Sufjan or LCD as we already have 'Seven Swans' up, which in my opinion is superior to the rest of his work, and I just don't like LCD Soundsystem.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Emoh is a fantastic album.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
wheres bloc party silent alarm

that albums killer

and kasabian their album was mega as well
Sorry, Kasabian will not make the list. Bloc Party possibly. Might have to do some kind of poll at some point.

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by arcticm1
wheres bloc party silent alarm

that albums killer

and kasabian their album was mega as well

Ewwwwwwwww

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by pumpkins_rule
Ewwwwwwwww

yeah, ew. kasabian's record is enjoyable though
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
na rite kasabians album was gd to b fair come on club foot that tunes amazin
when did the vines first album come out does anyone know

nd leave my typing alone it aint done nothing to u apart from making some dude b sick
How about Daft Punk? I know they're influential, but I don't know if they could be considered to have influenced alt/indie. Anyways, either Homework or Discovery would be great additions.

Though I like MIA, I don't like Arular. I do support the National and Animal Collective, and apparently I must check Emoh.
na their not but ur talking about one album and highly evolved was a cracking album
and so was kasabians if ur talking over long periods of time then no
every post i read by arcticm1 makes me love him more.
Last edited by uhh_me? at Feb 15, 2008,
sorry im new to this i ave so much to say its all my head so i miss words out i need to slow down

uhh_me?

i love u to
The problem I have with the Vines is that they wrote one really good single ('Get free') and I bought the album on hope that the rest would be good, then I hated the rest of the album so I feel they ripped me off. With their second album, again great single ('Ride'), just decided to stick with that though so have no idea about that album.

Like the suggestion of Daft Punk. 'Discovery' seemed to welcome through a bit more electronic influenced indie, but maybe I had just shut it out before that or am forgetting something?

RateYourMusic
na the vines had get free outtatheway highly evoled and they had few more the second album they had ride animal machine tv pro f.t.w to b honest the second one was better

dont really like daft punk
you should try some commas and dots.

Discovery would be a very nice addition to the list
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
My suggestions (sorry if they've already been suggested I only read the first post and a few folowing it.)

Vashti Bunyan - Just Another Diamond Day (1970)
This album was a huge influence on Devendra Banhart, Joanna Newsom, Animal Collective (she even did an EP with them) and is often considered the first psych-folk album,

Belle & Sebastian – If You’re Feeling Sinister (1996)
This has probably already mention but I think it deserves to be on here for just being a really great album.

Board of Canada – Music Has the Right to Children (1998)
I think this is the best electronic album of all time.
Last edited by Guillemot at Feb 16, 2008,
Quote by somewhat_here
i don't think there's an "only" in that belle and sebastian album.

I have no idea why I put that there and I don't even remember it being there haha sorry. /edits out