I don't know why but I've always been like this, I hate treble. For the longest time I've been trying to get a cleanly muffled sound if that makes sense. Sorta similar to throwing an old jacket over your amp. I've since gotten it but still need to tweak it to perfection. I guess it's from hearing people around here who don't know how to EQ playing crap and having a shrill sound. Is anyone else like this?
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
You jazz lover, you! Seriously, a lot of jazz guitarists use the neck pickup and roll the tone right off.
depends what type of music you play

i hate muffled tone
the more clarity the better
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
Well apart from turning the treble down on your amp, a low mids setting make a guitar sound tighter, if you're getting that sort of tone as well that you don't want. You can make a guitar sound muddier by turning the mids up a little.

^On your guitar itself, there's what Vulcan said!

Other than that, you could throw an old jacket over the amp
A good way to explain the sound is an old acoustic with worn in strings. As far as the neck pickup goes I use it only for clean with the tone around halfway down and the bridge mainly or the bridge/middle rarely middle never neck on distortion.
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
that tone gets me all agitated just thinking about it lol

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
It's not as bad as you'd think. I don't like it too muffled I just don't like a really high trebly biting sound.
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Examples?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
i hate treble too....what i do is turn the bass and treble all the way, middle around 5...then on my guitar i use both pick ups, turn treble to 0 and bass to 10...love the tone i get with that set up, bassy but still with an edge
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Last edited by blues-guitarist at Sep 16, 2007,
Quote by blues-guitarist
i hate treble too....what i do is turn the bass and treble all the way, middle in 5...then on my guitar i use both pick ups, turn treble to 0 and bass to 10...love the tone i get with that set up

I should try that, seems interesting.
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Quote by aznrockerdude
Examples?

I can try and record a sample but the sound quality won't be exact.
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
once youre playing with a band a significant amount of your highs will be drowned out by the drummer anyway. if youre playing alone just scoop them.
Quote by TehJermie
once youre playing with a band a significant amount of your highs will be drowned out by the drummer anyway. if youre playing alone just scoop them.

Yeah I usually adjust accordingly during practise but we don't play that much anyway.
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
I like all types of tones, depends on what music I'm playing.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
Quote by yoyodunno
I know what you mean, I hate it when people turn up the treble too high and it kills my ears, i like more smooth sounding i guess.

Pretty much, like when beginners try shredding with treble cranked and crappy amps/guitars it just kills me.
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Worst is a band thats going through a PA and the guitarist is already pretty trebly. Then the sound guy comes along half pissed and turns up the treble even more.

i just wanna turn round hit him, and scream ARE YOU TRYING TO PEEL THE WALLPAPER OF THE WALLS!?!?!111?!?11111