I'd say ibanez.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Try lots of guitars in the store and decide from there.

Btw, what kinda amp you have??
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Quote by XibanezedgeX
What style of music do you play?
And of those two I like the LP, the Ibanez's trem isn't the best and I never cared for the paint job...

Mostly meatal and thrash. So i need a fast neck, good stock pups(though i will get some dimarzio's on it eventually) and a nice looking finish

and i play a vox AD30 right now but i'm going to a 100 watt fender combo.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by XibanezedgeX
Which Fender amp will do metal?
For those needs the Ibanez is better.

fender FM 212 R with a toneworks or POD processor
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
^ Um.... Are you aware that thats a big step down from your current amp???
well considering that the next guitar i am buy iz that ibanez id have to say if it is good enough quality-wise for me it should be good enough for you(i have EXTREMLEY high standards when it comes to guitars)
Quote by GuitarNinja12
^ Um.... Are you aware that thats a big step down from your current amp???

i hate my vox. it gets too bassy when i play gigs and im going for a solid state amp.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
The Ibanez trem may be suspect. If you can get it in a hard-tail go for it. I would get some more user feedback for that trem.
Quote by uldhppi
The Ibanez trem may be suspect. If you can get it in a hard-tail go for it. I would get some more user feedback for that trem.

the edge III trem?

i heard its awesome, better than just a regular trem system. and i've played ALOT of trems
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT
the edge III trem?

i heard its awesome, better than just a regular trem system. and i've played ALOT of trems

Mine is just "Bleh" Cheap metal it seems. Plus the finish on it sucks and is coming off after a couple months. I'll say it again, my non MIJ Ibanez is crap build wise. If you are dead set on an Ibanez, get a used RG550 instead.
Quote by CullenT
i hate my vox. it gets too bassy when i play gigs and im going for a solid state amp.

Dont get the fender FM. It has reasonable cleans, but everything else about it is just bad, espescially for metal. If you want SS for metal, let me recomend you a Roland cube or a Randall. Just stay away from the fender.
Quote by CJRocker
Mine is just "Bleh" Cheap metal it seems. Plus the finish on it sucks and is coming off after a couple months. I'll say it again, my non MIJ Ibanez is crap build wise. If you are dead set on an Ibanez, get a used RG550 instead.

can't find an RG550. send me a link
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT
can't find an RG550. send me a link

They don't make them anymore, hence used. They made in the late 80s early 90s and reissued them for a short time this year. The RG550s were great, and were the first RGs. H-S-H, 24 frets, Wizard neck, original Edge. Nice guitars that were built like rocks.