well...i love the cleans on my HRD, the drive is good, but the more drive is horrible. Should i change the tubes or will that not fix the harshness of the amps more drive channel? and wat kind of pots do they use b.c i hate the non-linear pots tht it has on it its too loud or too quiet..there on inbetween w. it.
it might fix it but if i were you id just say screw it and get a pedal. its cheaper.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
if you do decide to change the tubes just post what tubes you are going to put in cause there is a thread(ULTIMATE THREAD) on tubes and what sounds they produce
put in a 12AU7 or sumtin so it will have more headroom.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
That was the main reason I didn't get a HRD.
But since your stuck with it, just get a pedal. Since it has such good cleans, a nice OD pedal (fulltone anyone?) will really sound good.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
ok..so nvm about the topic of this thread ...any one wana reccomned me a good cheap over drive (some thing that will be 70$ or under on ebay) b.c im on a budget after buying the HRD. ( i mean a pedal tht would get me into the metallica range of dist. if possible)
Last edited by guitarbite.fire at Sep 16, 2007,
big muff pi...

/thread
I LIKE Josh Klinghoffer

"Mr. Lippman of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join."

Frusciante for President in '08
yea i havent tried any of those ...i was thinking about trying a muff, a metal muff and a ZW overdrive. What do you think of those?
u talking about the Zakk Wylde(sp? dont flame im not a metalhead) overdrive. ive only messed around with those in GC and never really tested them out. but the metal muff and big muff are quality made overdrives. depends on what u want. it depends on what u wanna play. ive never tried the metal muff so i cant say how much more overdrive it will give you compared to a big muff. but for what i play, red hot chili peppers, pearl jam, basically any rock. the big muff is perfect. it depends on what u wanna play and what u wanna do with ur distortion/overdrive.
I LIKE Josh Klinghoffer

"Mr. Lippman of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join."

Frusciante for President in '08