Any 12 bar blues is perfect. Pride and Joy by stevie ray vaughan for example.
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.
Yea, major is basically minor played 3 frets higher (You don't always wanna play minor P, depends on the key and the tonality). The one that probably I play most to is (of ones that are popular so everyone will know)

Hotel California (Bm)
the solo section to Cream - White Room. If I remember, thats Dm
Dm - Sublime - What I Got/Sunshine of your Love (thought I don't like the current solo by Clapton),
G Major pent *aka Em pent* - Sweet Child O Mine/Little Wing/Sweet Home Alabama/Pearl Jam - Alive
Em - Purple Haze/Ten Years After - I'd Love to see the world change (or something like that, cant remember exact song name)
Am - Danny California
Archdeacon of the Church of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Highway One Telecaster (Upgrade)
Laney 30 Watt Combo
Boss ME-50 FX

horazonblade, you are one of the reasonable/intelligent people on this forum... - JewMasatFlex
Quote by horazonblade
Yea, major is basically minor played 3 frets higher (You don't always wanna play minor P, depends on the key and the tonality). The one that probably I play most to is (of ones that are popular so everyone will know)

Hotel California (Bm)
the solo section to Cream - White Room. If I remember, thats Dm
Dm - Sublime - What I Got/Sunshine of your Love (thought I don't like the current solo by Clapton),
G Major pent *aka Em pent* - Sweet Child O Mine/Little Wing/Sweet Home Alabama/Pearl Jam - Alive
Em - Purple Haze/Ten Years After - I'd Love to see the world change (or something like that, cant remember exact song name)
Am - Danny California
So the pentatonic box based off the 12th fret is Em AND g major?
Quote by mrbiscuits315
So the pentatonic box based off the 12th fret is Em AND g major?

Not quite, the notes in G major are also the same notes in E minor, but they're in a different order. Just like identical twins have the same DNA, but are two different people.
Play the D minor pentatonic over Pink Martini's Hey Eugene. Blues bliss.
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
This site is basically pentatonic heaven if you just wanna indulge in that for a few hours:
http://www.bluesblast.com/jams2003.html

It is basically free backing tracks you can download to jam over. Most of them are simple and in one key, and usually says the name of the Key in the song name - ideal for using the minor pentatonic and blues scales.

Have fun