Hey there.

I've been saving some cash lately for pedals, and I've got around $280-300+ depending on when I get my next check.

I like my Amp, it's solid, but it's not invincible in terms of tones and distortion, so I need some pedal-age.

My aresenal so far is pretty weak.
The pedals themselves are amazing, but can't do everything.
All I have so far is a Zvex Fuzz Factory and a Digitech Whammy pedal.

I want a good Distortion Pedal, an Metal pedal, and a solid Wah. Possibly an Overdrive, but my AVT covers that justly.

So far I have considered:

-Boss OS-2
-Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
-Boss DS 2/ DS 1
-EH Metal Muff
-Vox Wah
-Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Any suggestions?

My playstyle is as follows:
-Atreyu
-The Strokes
-MUSE
-Megadeth
-Arctic Monkeys
-Franz Ferdinand
-Electric Six

So basically Metal to Alt. Rock
Gear:
-Krank Krankenstein JR 50W
-Orange PPC112 w/ Celestion Vintage 30
-Gibson Les Paul Studio (white)
-Gibson Flying V
-MXR Carbon Copy
-Digitech Whammy
-Digitech JamMan
-Boss SD-1
-Epiphone Hummingbird
Don't see why you have to be a hater... it's a solid amp. It's got a nice 100 Watts, it can hack it at max volume, two OD channels, 16 DFX... It's not the best amp, but I like it.
Gear:
-Gibson Flying V
-MXR Carbon Copy
-Digitech Whammy
-Digitech JamMan
-Boss SD-1
-Epiphone Hummingbird
What's the point of good pedals going through a crappy amp? Upgrade to a tube amp, you won't be disappointed. Your pedals will sound way better when they are ran through a better amp.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
damn a starter having a zVex fuzz factory??? i want one lol
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Well the good thing about pedals is that if you do ever decided to upgrade your amp, which would be in your best interest, you can continue to use them or sell them separately. My only suggestion would be picking up a nice OD pedal or a really nice wah, because you'll (most likely) always want or need them.

OD's: Tubescreamer of some sort, Fulltone OCD. I'd reccomend both as nice quality pedals.

Wah's: My personal favorite wah i've ever heard (havent had a chance to play), was the fulltone wah, but im definetly a classic rock and blues oriented player. The Budda wah gets a lot of support around here, as do the RMC's. The Vox is nice, but its not very good for high gain. Look at the Ultimate Wah Thread.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
Quote by WenisWeasel
Don't see why you have to be a hater... it's a solid amp. It's got a nice 100 Watts, it can hack it at max volume, two OD channels, 16 DFX... It's not the best amp, but I like it.

i wasnt trying to hate. its just that those amps are lame and wont augment the sound of the pedals you wish to buy. on the other hand, if you buy something decent you will be getting more out of the pedals you currently have and youll be able to hold out a little longer for more effects.
Are Metal Muffers any good?

They get so much hype...

And dammmn.

Why does my amp "Suck" so bad?

It's not any worse than the normal MG's that everyone plays and no one bashes those.

I'm not mad, but why does my amp suck?
Gear:
-Gibson Flying V
-MXR Carbon Copy
-Digitech Whammy
-Digitech JamMan
-Boss SD-1
-Epiphone Hummingbird
it doesnt "suck" per se but its just a very unexciting bland amp. they really dont add anything special to pedals. theyre not particularly versatile, responsive, or good. so id get something else. but you can do what you want as its your money.
Quote by WenisWeasel
It's not any worse than the normal MG's that everyone plays and no one bashes those.

Actually if you look around here there is a large amount of MG hatred. It's not that it's bad, it's just that it's really overpriced when compared to similarly priced amps that are of much higher quality, the same applies to your AVT.

For your music tastes I would advise saving for an Orange Rocker 30 combo. It will suit those indie/rock bands nicely (AFAIK the Arctic Monkeys use Orange amps), and for higher gain stuff like metal you can buy a decent OD pedal to boost the gain a bit.

But please, don't spend $300 on pedals to run through your AVT!
Ibanez S520EX with Seymour Duncan Blackouts
ESP EC401FM with EMG81/60
VHT Deliverance 60
Laney VH100R
Marshall JCM900 1960B
Maxon OD808
The best starter pedal is a new amp .

It's silly to buy pedals that "depend" on your amp to sound good when you can upgrade your amp .

If you are set on buying pedals, don't get toneshaping ones. Go for some chorus, delay, stuff like that.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Wtf? You're a starter and you have a Zvex Fuzz Factory and Digitech Whammy, thats so cool (I envy, lol).

I'm gonna have to go with the idea of you getting a new amp.
You could get the best overdrive pedal there is, but it still won't sound anywhere near as good when its in from of a tube amp, to a solid state.

Anyways, a good cheap overdrive is the Boss Super Overdrive SD-1. I've got one, had it in front of a crappy 10w SS, and it sounded okay. Right now it totally rocks infront of my Ashton VP30 though, and the good thing about it is you can modify the pedal for pretty cheap, so then later you don't have to buy an expensive TS-808 for instance.
Okay like everyone else said, please for the love of guitar god, get a new amp, playing high-end pedals through a pretty 'meh' amp is like playing a top-of-the-line Gibson LP or Fender original 50s strat through a Marshall MG.

BUT, because you asked, I say get a metal muff for your metal/fuzz needs. Wah is abit difficult, because there isnt many wahs that can do clean/light od/heavy od/heavy distortion all well and good, what would you use wah with most? cleans or heavy distortion? or in between?

Maybe a nice delay pedal too, EHX DMM for real nice, smooth and warm analogue delay, or a Boss DD-6 for more of a harder digital (yet precise wet delay signal, doesnt loose high-end like analogues do) delay. Of course there are loads of other great delay pedals, those two are just the most commonly suggested because of their versatility and ease to find and try out.
The two pedals you have are brilliant! How can you not do anything with a Whammy?!

I'd get a delay if I were you. Boss, Rocktron, Carl Martin, EHX and Diamond make good delays.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM