I think its absolutely gorgeous. You know a mahogany body is going to be considered heresy by some Strat purists? I'm kind of a heretic so I don't mind. Its not going to sound like a regular Strat, probably a little darker. Sort of like an SG on the humbucker, maybe an SG with P90's on the singles. If you like it go for it.
sexiest looking strat ever, mainly cause of the black headstock
a Soldano stack if u can afford it. a JCM800 is a good choice as well.Laney makes good amps as well, or a Fender Super-Sonic combo. one of the most veratile amps around.
Looks pretty sweet. The nut is an LSR Roller Nut although I think Fender makes them now. I bet that thing will be a tone monster!!!
My Gear:

Fender Strat w/Duncans
Hand Built(by me) guitar w/Duncans
Ibanez RG321MH
Bugera V22
Peavey Vyper 30 Watt
Xotic BB Preamp
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Digitech Hardwire Chromatic Tuner
Fender T-Bucket Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey
I've played one, it was nice, played like any american strat. If you want a Mahogany body on a strat neck, well, then this is your guitar
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

I love it, and I'm not generally a Fender fan. Mahogany and a decent neck, if it had an FR I would even consider it, but I know how you Fender types are about FRs.

Still a beauty, grab that.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by Dudage
I love it, and I'm not generally a Fender fan. Mahogany and a decent neck, if it had an FR I would even consider it, but I know how you Fender types are about FRs.

Still a beauty, grab that.

I dig Fender. I dig Jackson/Charvel. All one company.

I love shred, I dig both Strats and Soloists.

In, my opinion the Strat/Soloists have the most comfortable necks and the best tone out there for shred and rock. Thats right, I'll shred on my Fender. Leads just have a level of organic sound when you are running a single coil, stacked or vintage, that humbuckers seem to cancel out...

Oh, and the neck profiles of Fender and Jackson/Charvels are ridiculously comfy for my hand, whereas the Wizard profiles are like playing paper, and cause my thumb to arch back uncomfortably. Do I have big hands? Nope.

Anyways: That strat looks sick! I'd like to hear the tones it can get with the neck SC, and a sweet 6V6 amp...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
I think you'd be better off customizing your own Carvin Bolt
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
I think you'd be better off customizing your own Carvin Bolt

oh hell yes, definately do this.
www.carvin.com
you could have a kick-ass bolt for 1500 easily. flamed top, nice frets, better pups, its all there man. no factory to dealer incentives, thats why they're so cheap
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
ok, i just made a bolt with a mohogany body, HSS configuration with upgraded pickups, a sapphire blue flamed top finish, tung oil, stainless steel frets, and a pointed headstock for 1163!
My Gear:
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Woah, wait a click.

Since when is Carvin doin' pointed headstocks again????!!
Quote by Striketalonx
Woah, wait a click.

i dont remember if it was pointed, it just an upgrade over the standard one. thats an error on my part.
My Gear:
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Oh, you got me stoked for a second... I'd kill for a guitar like Jason Becker's old, blue Carvin
but dood
that leaves you 500 for an amp
not enough for a high end one
try going used for the strat and the amp
thanks for all the responses....i played that exact strat at a guitar center and i really liked it.....alot.....and i was thinking 500 would be decent for an amp since ive only been playing for about 8-9 months(dont worry guitar is something im going to stick with for a LONG time) and im not gonna be playing on stage anytime soon....it doesnt need to be loud just sounds good and has some effects i can have some fun with

btw i currently have an epi les paul 100 and a marshal 10 wat practice amp....so when i get this stuff its gonna be a huge upgrade
A Vox AD50VT($369) would be a nice amp with lots of stuff to play with, but that Strat deserves to be played through a decent tube amp. $600 will get you a Peavey Classic 30. You can always add pedals and/or a multi-fx unit later.
Quote by teegee420
but that Strat deserves to be played through a decent tube amp. $600 will get you a Peavey Classic 30.

Which isn't a decent tube amp.

Seriously that guitar deserves a Vox AC30, Fender Twin or Super Sonic, Marshall JCM800, or another high-end amp of the sort. In the sub $500 only Palominos, Traynors, and Fender Hot Rods would be acceptable I would think.

Anyway that guitar is essentially the perfect compromise between a Gibson and Fender in terms of tone and playability (I like Fender necks & body shapes, k?).
What kind of music are you looking to play?

I'm gonna take a guess and say Hard Rock/Metal?

Try out the Peavey Windsor. If you plan on playing on clean as well, perhaps a Valveking? That Strat is $999, which leaves $500 for an amp, which is more than enough.

Does anyone know of any decent tube combos in that range? Or any decent solid states for that matter?
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
If you are looking for Valveking the 112 50 watt combo can be had for around $449. Sucks but the footswitch is not included, its about $42. I'd look around for a different and cheaper footswitch, just make sure it works with this amp.
i like to play pretty much everything so im looking for something that can do a lot.....my favorite stuff to play tho is classic rock alternative and metal....i would like a decent clean setting, does that change any of the amp recommendations?
Quote by RadioMuse
Which isn't a decent tube amp.

I've liked all the Peavey Classics I've played.

*shrug*

Palominos are definitely sexy.

Quote by Striketalonx
Woah, wait a click.

When they brought back the UltraVM and the V220M .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Line 6 Flextone 3 and Peavey XXL are nice modeling amps around that price range and Fender Hod Rod's have some nice tone for that price range
My Gear:

Fender Strat w/Duncans
Hand Built(by me) guitar w/Duncans
Ibanez RG321MH
Bugera V22
Peavey Vyper 30 Watt
Xotic BB Preamp
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Digitech Hardwire Chromatic Tuner
Fender T-Bucket Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey