I have an old beat up epi lp100 with really worn frets could i switch the neck from my epi sg special. i think the lp plays and sounds better than the sg even though i have modded the sg quite a bit. i figure this would be more economical than paying a butt load for a fret job?
Last edited by mitchp420 at Sep 16, 2007,
you say it "plays" better, when most people say that they are reffering to the neck, so wouldnt changing the neck make it play different?
the frets are only wore from 1 to 5 so innotation is off there other than that it does play better
Quote by mitchp420
the frets are only wore from 1 to 5 so innotation is off there other than that it does play better

your not getting what im saying, you say your LP plays better, if you change the neck itll play like the SG not the LP.
yes both are the same fret and scale wise, i would just take it apart and try it but then i would be out 2 sets of fairly new strings
Quote by makuserusukotto
your not getting what im saying, you say your LP plays better, if you change the neck itll play like the SG not the LP.

i do get what your saying and i can live with that for the better innotation and sound quality
no it wont fit the mounting plates are not the same. different hole spacing and stuff. oh well
shouldn't be too much for a partial fret dress & setup. Might be worth fixing, or just sell it.
last time i checked $90 fret job plus $25 set up. for $60 mode i can buy a new one so i guess i'll just leave it