Hey guys i have my firstt guitar i ever learn to play on and i want to totally customize it. Its a 200$ from walmart. Its gota wicked fast neck, the tuners are broke which i gotta replace, and the inlays suck so yah. as for the body i want to paint it with the confederate flag. Im going to replace all the pots, knobs and hardware... Now for pickups.... i get the whole wireing thing but i want GOOD pickup. The guitar looks like a fender stratocaster... it has the single coil pickups in it now... Im wondering if I could put some dimarizo dactivators in it even though those are humbucking. Can some one answer me this.... also could you suggest some other metal style picksups for a fender stat type of thing.... Thanks!
Guitars:
Dean Razorback Explosion =D
Schecter Omen 6
Ibanez 30 Exotic Wood =D
Custom Les Paul w/EMG

Amps:
Line 6 Spider II :S
Peavey ValveKIng Halfstack

Pedal:
Boss ME-50
omg i love my spider 6... great amp dont diss it can you please stick to the question.
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
Ibanez 30 Exotic Wood =D
Custom Les Paul w/EMG

Amps:

Pedal:
Boss ME-50
Quote by '
AG[ Scott']omg i love my spider 6... great amp dont diss it can you please stick to the question.

*snickers* Yah man your going to have these problems. Don't sweat it. Like what you want.

I agree with him though, a walmart guitar is normally not worth upgrading, but I'm facing the same problem as you. Due to sentimental Value.
Its like made of basswood and a maple neck i know for sure... its not a complete piece of crap.... what would be some good pickups.
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
Ibanez 30 Exotic Wood =D
Custom Les Paul w/EMG

Amps:

Pedal:
Boss ME-50
Not really many Pickups out there for metal for single coil I belive. I'm trying to get ahold of my buddy, He's got these wicked pickups for his strat. I think there duncans
Dear god, never mind my buddies suggestion.... they cost more then his guitar cost. O.o but they are custom duncans.... One's called Lil 69 Lol.
kk, well i was on a cellphone, Sounded like 69 to me. but my buddies also very perverted. Don't worry though Not the one who gave me the compliment on the amp...