so a while back me and a friend i jam with alot decided wed trade equipment, my epi les paul custom (cosnt me 565 after tax for a second hand shop), for his "american made" fender tyde dye star+ peavy studio pro 112, and toolset. i took the plate of the guitar earlier today and found out the body is mexica but the neck is american. i was mildly pissed, consoled by the fact i love to sound of the instrumnt.

then i got to thinking is there really much difference in the place the guitar is made? and if so how much.

edit: thats supposed to say strat lol i cant type
just so i dont have to edit every post i make, let me clarify something I CANT TYPE WELL....thanks
Well, play an American Strat, then a Mexican Strat, I think you'll hear the difference.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Supposedly, American woods are better or something like that. Hardware and electronics are better. Frets are also prettier.

...Or at least that's the word on the street.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
at least he didn't hand you a squier...
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
I remember someone here saying something like this:

"MIM Strats are assembled by Mexicans in Mexico, MIA Strats are assembled by Mexicans in California."

Honestly, I dunno though. If you like the sound, I don't see the problem: that's how I think when it comes to guitars.
Quote by Wulver
I remember someone here saying something like this:

"MIM Strats are assembled by Mexicans in Mexico, MIA Strats are assembled by Mexicans in California."

Honestly, I dunno though. If you like the sound, I don't see the problem: that's how I think when it comes to guitars.

There will be some difference but no where near as much difference as anyone makes out

Middle ground, like always
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by A.McGee
so a while back me and a friend i jam with alot decided wed trade equipment, my epi les paul custom (cosnt me 565 after tax for a second hand shop), for his "american made" fender tyde dye star+ peavy studio pro 112, and toolset. i took the plate of the guitar earlier today and found out the body is mexica but the neck is american. i was mildly pissed, consoled by the fact i love to sound of the instrumnt.

then i got to thinking is there really much difference in the place the guitar is made? and if so how much.

edit: thats supposed to say strat lol i cant type

Listen to the Los Lonely Boys, Henry uses a Mexican strat, and he can afford an American one.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
As long as you like it, it's ok.
Anyway, the amp is way more important to the overall sound than the guitar.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Listen to the Los Lonely Boys, Henry uses a Mexican strat, and he can afford an American one.

thats because hes mexican
Quote by Garret.
Depends on how furiously I'm masturbating

Quote by metacarpi
I get paid on the 25th.

Is a bag full of pennies an acceptable method of payment?

The bag will of course, have SWAG written on it

Wynaut of the Pokemon club.