ok, its been a long time since i posted a song on here, but id like some input on this one. its a protest song promoting the legalization of growing hemp. i should also note that the title is a play on the movie "Cannibal Holocaust". If you dont get the reference, just let me know and i'll change it, cause its not a cool title if no one understands

Cannabis Holocaust

You know what shes good for
Still you burn her down
You know what shes good for
Yet upon her you frown

Think of all the good things that we can do x2

So come all your farmers
Throughout the land
And give a safe home
And come take her hand

You can eat her and wear her and write on her too
Think of all the things she can do for you
So give her a home in this land of the free
And let her do her part just like you or me

It's a Cannabis Holocaust coming around x2

its all acoustic guitar and harmonica and vocals.
the chords are just E and something else that I may have made up.
Tell me what you think, thanks
I like it, but make sure you make it a bluesy song.
Gear listing coming soon...
Cool song, and the title is fine.
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia.
Quote by gratefulduck

You can eat her and wear her and write on her too
Think of all the things she can do for you
So give her a home in this land of the free
And let her do her part just like you or me

This line should be more vague. The whole song is a reference to a female, and you cannot write on, eat (well...), or wear females. I like the idea of anthropomorphizing here, it can turn on readers/listeners who aren't aware that the subject is about weed.

Which leads me to your title. I wouldn't state outright that your song is about cannibis. Let the listener figure it out. Make it a less obvious title. Good song btw.
Guy Stabs

-like a snail along a straight razor, dividing itself through motion
M E S H U G G A H
Quote by kasso99
This line should be more vague. The whole song is a reference to a female, and you cannot write on, eat (well...), or wear females. I like the idea of anthropomorphizing here, it can turn on readers/listeners who aren't aware that the subject is about weed.

Which leads me to your title. I wouldn't state outright that your song is about cannibis. Let the listener figure it out. Make it a less obvious title. Good song btw.

thanks for the advice, but i'll just clarify some things...

1. Its not weed, its hemp. I mean, I'm all for legalizing weed, but I can at least understand why it's illegal. Hemp is similar, but has no psycho-active effects, and therefore, it's being illegal is ridiculous.

2. I want people to know exactly what it's about. I'm trying to get my message out there you know? The anthropomorphizing is just like when you call a boat or guitar she.