Im looking into getting a new amp so that I can get more of the sound i want. Right now I have a peavy rage 158 and I want something with more distortion and a more punk sound. I love blink 182 and I basically just play there songs and eventually want to make my own songs like them. I read that Tom Delonge (guitarist) uses a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier and a Marshal JCM 900 and I was thinking of one of those until I saw the price. Unless I were to find a cheap one or get some kind of finacing I dont think I could afford one of those so I am wondering what other amp sounds like Blink 182 or like their style. Also if I could only get one of those amps which one should I get?
What's your budget?
Ibanez S520EX with Seymour Duncan Blackouts
ESP EC401FM with EMG81/60
VHT Deliverance 60
Laney VH100R
Marshall JCM900 1960B
Maxon OD808
I dont really know which is kinda dumb if im asking a question like this. Prob about $1000 but I dont want to limit myself to much.
Ok you have a pretty nice budget then

There are lots of choices for you. I trust you are mostly interested in pop-punk? We can suggest some amps that would fit your style and budget and you could go try them out, and see which you like best.

The Mesa Boogie Rectifier series is pretty popular with pop punk bands (as you said, Blink 182, and I know Yellowcard uses them), as well as lots of other rock-ish genres. It's very versatile, and you can easily afford a Single (if not a Dual) Recto on your budget, if you are willing to buy through eBay.

Marshall JCM series' are also popular with pop punk bands (MCR, Sum 41, Blink etc), you could buy a brand new JCM2000 series amp, or for the earlier models like JCM800 and JCM900 you can again try eBay.

Are there any other styles of music you are interested in? or bands?
VHT Deliverance 60
Laney VH100R
Marshall JCM900 1960B
Maxon OD808
I mostly liek punk rock and rock. I really like rise against too but there a different style. Also with all these amps I would need to buy speakers to right? How much do those go for?
Yeah you would need a cabinet if you are wanting a head version, although a nice tube combo will be loud enough for almost anything, and cheaper too! It just depends on what you like, and what's available to you. Good cabinets go anywhere from $300+

I can't really recommend many amps other than the Mesa Boogie Recitifier Series and the Marshall JCMs for pop punk, I'm more a metalcore kinda guy.

Hopefully someone will pop in and offer up some better advice though. Your best bet is to go to a guitar store and try out some amps and see what you like, starting with those I listed.
VHT Deliverance 60
Laney VH100R
Marshall JCM900 1960B
Maxon OD808
^ single = 50 watts, ss rectified

double = 100 watt (?) tube rectified

triple = 150 watt tube rectified.

i think thats right
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy