Page 1 of 2
In my American History class some of the students began arguing over television and on whether or not it's racist. The white students felt that it was racist to have a channel dedicated entirely to blacks, but if you look at 98% of television it is mostly white. Name one primetime television show with a black lead, and most of the blacks that do make it on television are the lighter ones. What do you guys think? Is having an entire channel dedicated to African Americans racist in your opinion, cause it up in the air for me.
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
I can't remember the names...so..The one with Urcle. Then the one with "What you talkin bout Willis?" Those are the only two I can think of. But, it's not racist to have a whole channel dedicated to black people. Although, they should have a channel that dedicates itself to playing black metal/ death metal. Because, I haven't found anything yet that does it.
I don't think it is Racist, But I think its stupid they can have a black entertainment television station and not be racist, yet if they made one for white people then it would be Racist.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
In my American History class some of the students began arguing over television and on whether or not it's racist. The white students felt that it was racist to have a channel dedicated entirely to blacks, but if you look at 98% of television it is mostly white. Name one primetime television show with a black lead, and most of the blacks that do make it on television are the lighter ones. What do you guys think? Is having an entire channel dedicated to African Americans racist in your opinion, cause it up in the air for me.

No, white people just want a reason to bitch because they can't have a blatantly racist channel..
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by severed-metal
I can't remember the names...so..The one with Urcle. Then the one with "What you talkin bout Willis?" Those are the only two I can think of. But, it's not racist to have a whole channel dedicated to black people. Although, they should have a channel that dedicates itself to playing black metal/ death metal. Because, I haven't found anything yet that does it.

aren't there music channels in the 400s on time warner cable?
Paul Gilbert
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
John Petrucci
well its not like they are segregating who can watch what. its just a channel with black people on it. anyone can watch so i dont see how its racist.
Cause if white people had something like WET (white entertainment television) they would be considered racist.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-

Nick Cannon and Xzibit to name a few.

And they're both "darker".

EDIT: Te Jeffersons, Sanford and Son

There's hundreds and hundreds of channels on TV, and people are complaining about having one dedicated to black people?

Ridiculous.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Last edited by IlikeTheSKA at Sep 16, 2007,
No, it would be racist if they said they hated white people...but its just reaching a certain target audience....you idiot.
Quote by deanodon
break into his house, wait till he falls asleep, teabag him, take picture, post on UG, get banned
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-

ever heard of Fresh Prince Of Bel Air?

Cosby Show?

Different Strokes?
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club
Quote by Captain Insano
" BET is the worse Television programming I have ever seen. "

-Martin Luther King, back from the dead.

Haha, the creator of Boondocks used to have strips in his comics about B.E.T. He made fun of them so often, the channel issued a statement on how they've done more to further the black people than Aaron EVER will. So, he put a new strip in, which was basically just a drawing of black women shakin' their asses. And then proclaimed that he has, in fact, just done as much for the black people as B.E.T. did.

BET is a terrible channel, though.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

its not racist at all, im my opinion. unless BET started showing shows that are meant to be offensive to other races, THEN it wud be racist lol.
Quote by someguitarguy88
Not really. Hell, there's Mexican and Asian channels. Why shouldn't black people have one?

It's all clear. Mexican TV is in Mexican, that's why blacks have BET. They speak black.
...stupid argument.
Theres tons of shows with black leads. House of Payne is probably the newest one. Sanford and Son? The Cosby Show? Are you daft?
It's not racist...how would it be. It's not saying "Whites blow, so lets have a station for black people only". If I was black, I guess I'd want to watch more shows with black people in it...yet I'm white and I don't give a $#!+.
its called weta. white entertainment television association.
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
Quote by Agent_00Funk
Cause if white people had something like WET (white entertainment television) they would be considered racist.

You already have white entertainment tv. its called Fox. Ever seen a black newsreader on Fox News?

Anyway you are one of those people who tries to play the reverse racism card and im not into that b/s
Quote by dx147
You already have white entertainment tv. its called Fox. Ever seen a black newsreader on Fox News?

Anyway you are one of those people who tries to play the reverse racism card and im not into that b/s

Er, Ahem.

IT GON' RAIN!
Anyone can watch it...i'ts just aimed at black people. Just like some programs are aimed at young people or old [people. Of course it's not racist, anyone who says it is is a moron
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
If there was a WET, you can bet your ass it would be racist as ****. The fact is that black culture is more exclusively within their own race, whereas white culture is pretty much everyone's.
There's no way you could make an impartial, non-racist white channel. What the fuck would you watch on that anyway that you couldn't watch on the other 70+ channels on basic cable?
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Quote by Henry Polfave

Cosby Show?

Different Strokes?

true, I cant believe i forgot about those ones, but there are alot of black people i know that think alot of those tv shows are stereotypical and racist. like i said i dont really know what to think.
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
Quote by munchinator
It's all clear. Mexican TV is in Mexican, that's why blacks have BET. They speak black.

Oh, well I'm sorry I had to make a non-anally-PC statement like half the people in the US today, who won't even give other people the benefit of properly knowing someone else's race. Oh please God forgive me for being such a racist prick who can't properly divide races without having to stereotype someone!
Quote by meh!
Anyone can watch it...i'ts just aimed at black people. Just like some programs are aimed at young people or old [people. Of course it's not racist, anyone who says it is is a moron

It's aimed at black people yet what black person can afford a TV?
Well.. Lets see..

Black Entertainment Television..

I don't think that specifically means whitey can't watch, it just means it's entertainment made by Black people.

Unlike For Us By Us, which is pretty damn straight forward.. And SOME people bitch about Abercrombie and Fitch models.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by dx147

One of those people? Reverse racism card?
Quote by munchinator
It's aimed at black people yet what black person can afford a TV?

They don't afford it, htey *steal* it.

Duh
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by munchinator
Er, Ahem.

IT GON' RAIN!

Y'ASS GON' FRY BIATCH. GET DAT SUNSCREEN
Quote by someguitarguy88
Oh, well I'm sorry I had to make a non-anally-PC statement like half the people in the US today, who won't even give other people the benefit of properly knowing someone else's race. Oh please God forgive me for being such a racist prick who can't properly divide races without having to stereotype someone!

I have to say, I almost died laughing at a complete un-pc joke made about my people today. There was a guy in the Taz costume at Six Flags, and this dude insisted there was a Mexican in there, because he was so short.. He then took the Border Patrol hat I was wearing, and asked to see his green card.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Agent_00Funk
One of those people? Reverse racism card?

Do i hear the sound of banjos?
Quote by meh!
They don't afford it, htey *steal* it.

Duh

Quote by dx147

Y'ASS GON' FRY BIATCH. GET DAT SUNSCREEN

It would only be racist if the channel was only available through the cable company to black people and no one else. Anyone can watch BET so all they are doing is catering to a specific audience, which is what every program on television does.
^ true
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
Quote by dx147
Do i hear the sound of banjos?

Do i hear the sound of someone trying to be a dick? Just wanted a explaination god damn.

Of course there are no black people on other TV channels...
Remember when you were young
You shone like the sun...
Personally, I'd like to know why Sharks don't have their own channel. They have to share the spot light with sea lions and ****.

They're not being fairly represented.
Quote by vintage x metal

I actually had a dream once where I was dating a black girl, and her mom caught us having sex and made me watch BET with her
I had a dream me and my girlfriend went to a Circle Jerks concert. Amazing dream, and what's better, she likes CJ's
Quote by Henry Polfave

Cosby Show?

Different Strokes?

Oh my god Bill Cosby is the whitest negro ever.

I'm not saying its "black" to be a crack smoking, lazy ass, wife beater, but he is WHITE.
Quote by dx147

yes.
Quote by someguitarguy88

l2sarcasm.

@ Jack Off Jill:

They had an entire ****ing week on Discovery. Sea otters didn't even get a week. What the **** is that? They dont need a channel.
Page 1 of 2