i've perused these forums for a lot more time than i care to admit in my search for a suitable amp
i've been told JCM 800 would be perfect
but i've searched on ebay and there are many types
so i'm wondering
just which model?

*hint* i like reverb
and have up too $1000 budget
For JCM800, the 2210/2205 models are ones with Reverb and 2 channels, which apparently sound a little different to the earlier models.

If you are looking for the classic JCM800 sound (to a T), then you will want to buy a 2203 or 2204 model, but sadly these don't have reverb included. You could aways invest in a EHX Holy Grail reverb pedal though, or similar alternative.
Ibanez S520EX with Seymour Duncan Blackouts
ESP EC401FM with EMG81/60
VHT Deliverance 60
Laney VH100R
Marshall JCM900 1960B
Maxon OD808
ignore that guy, you dont want a solid state amp...
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Quote by handlerb
ignore that guy, you dont want a solid state amp...

Yeah that eBay link is most certainly not a JCM800. It even says on picture 5 it's solid state

But someone will undoubtedly fall for it, which is sad.
Ibanez S520EX with Seymour Duncan Blackouts
ESP EC401FM with EMG81/60
VHT Deliverance 60
Laney VH100R
Marshall JCM900 1960B
Maxon OD808
Get a Marshall JCM 800 4210 Combo, this is the combo version of the 2205 head. I'm in love with it, and it was something my broke ass could actually afford (mine came out to $750) I think there are a few on Ebay right now. They have one 12" speaker, and are 50 Watts, they also come in combos with 2X12" 100 watts that are considerably more $$$. They get bitchin' loud for their size. Good luck.
Last edited by nightrain28 at Sep 16, 2007,
^Note they are "channel switching," not what people consider the "classic" JCM 800. But they have great overdrive and reverb. Pretty versatile when you fiddle around with the pre-amp volume and master volume too.
I'd get one with 2 channels (think its called JCM900 and is the exact same thing but with 2 channels) but i dunno depends if you want to go from clean to overdrive / distortion live or whatever; if u don't use one or the other its up 2 you.

MVL.
the duall channels are still called JCM 800s
models 2210, and 2205
theyre pretty awesome, dual channel, reverb
^ if you don't need cleans you could try a Peavey Windsor. It's basically a jcm800 with more gain (also no reverb)
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by ISM
I'd get one with 2 channels (think its called JCM900 and is the exact same thing but with 2 channels) but i dunno depends if you want to go from clean to overdrive / distortion live or whatever; if u don't use one or the other its up 2 you.

MVL.

Totally different amps. There are dual channel JCM800's and dual channel JCM900's - not the same amp.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.