should i get the randall rg50tc or peavey valveking 112.

i want it for my band. we play metal.
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
Some may disagree but I don't think the Valvekings do metal all that well. About 2 out of three metal players seem to be satisfied with them. The other third hate them. They are great for blues and classic rock.
check out the b-52 at-100 head, it around the same price as the other two and is supposed to be amazing for metal
as for the other two ive heard the vk in action and its not bad, can do metal
i havent heard the randall soooo cant help there
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
I have a Valveking at the moment, I can record a clip if you want, so you get a general idea of what it will sound like?

I'm using a Les Paul though, not sure if you'll have a mahogany guitar or something similar in sound.
i just need to know which one is louder and which one has better distortion i play modern, heavier metal. thrash to death
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
If you play modern heavier stuff, than the Randall would probably be more suited. The heaviest a Valveking can do is Metallica or Megadeth. It plays better for the older metal like Black Sabbath and whatnot.
The RG50TCs gain channel is horrible.
It sounds like a cheap ass fuzz pedal with the gain on 11. I dont think the gain knobs even do anything.

I use a distortion pedal and it has amazing clean and nice features.....but dont buy it unless you have a good distortion unit
Quote by uldhppi
Some may disagree but I don't think the Valvekings do metal all that well. About 2 out of three metal players seem to be satisfied with them. The other third hate them. They are great for blues and classic rock.

I agree. I never thought it had enough gain for modern metal, nor was it really voiced for it.
i'd probably go with the randall for exclusive metal playing, the VK for more versatility. EDIT: you'd need to try them though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?