I hate to make a thread concerning Floyd's due to the number of threads similar to this there are but I've come across this problem today and it sucked horribly.

When I dived down and came back up one of the strings, the low e was came back up to a low B (octave with my 7th string ). I did all the normal things you do to tune it back up to standard, take the locking nuts off, wind back all the precision tuners, tune with the sperzal tuners, then put the nuts back on, then precision tune it.

I did a dive about 6 hours later and then it went back to B or so, I go to tighten it again and it breaks off. Two seconds later the A string breaks off as well (increased tension due to the missing e string).

My strings are about a month old, I don't use the trem too often, maybe wank it once a week or so. I would also like to state I have an LFR, and not an OFR. I'm going to call Carvin and discuss this sometime tomorrow but I was wondering if anyone had any similar problems, how to fix it or advice on tremmage.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
did u adjust the springs in the back?
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
Quote by kazra90
did u adjust the springs in the back?

It was perfectly level.

The springs have nothing to do with strings popping out. The second string popped out like 2 seconds after the first one did.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Sounds like there could have been

A) A problem with the string

B) A problem with your locking nut

C) A problem with the bridge

A new set of strings will tell you if it was just the strings.
ya man seven string with floyd roses are a bitch

What gauge strings do you play?

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
a simple solution would be to try putting some graphite in the string saddles. That might help a little. Keeps a lot of tension of the strings and allows them to slide easier for dive bombs.
.:Just because you can sweep pick doesn't make you good:.
I had this problem. My E did a perfect drop D.

Make sure the string-locks are tightened fully. My string lock had slipped a but under the tension I guess and once I tuned up and tightened I haven't had the problem since
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by tamargoguitar
ya man seven string with floyd roses are a bitch

What gauge strings do you play?

TG

.09-.56

If it was a hardtail I would definatly have it like 10-78

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
.09-.56

If it was a hardtail I would definatly have it like 10-78

9-56? Thats not a lot of tension. I'm using 10-58 and shifting to a 10-60 and my guitar seems to be ale to handle the tension.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by DagMX
9-56? Thats not a lot of tension. I'm using 10-58 and shifting to a 10-60 and my guitar seems to be ale to handle the tension.

I never said it was too much tension. I just had a problem with the E and A string.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio