I'm thinking about buying an empty cabinet and putting vintage 30's in there. Where's a good place to buy one?
JAMONE
Why not just buy a cab that already has speakers in it? Unless you already own the speakers..

It will work out pretty much the same price to buy an unloaded cab + 4x V30s, you'd be better off just buying a used cab that already has V30s.
You could get a Carvin 4x12 for cheaper...

$500 for a 4x12, with 4 $110 speakers, pre built, ready for action.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
It's still much cheaper to buy a cabinet from Carvin or Avatar w/ speakers loaded.

They're getting the same Celestions at their factory direct price, which is probably about $60 so they can keep the cab prices low. Unless your planning on doing something such as 2 of speaker A, and 1 of speaker B and 1 of speaker C or 2 of A and 2 of B, you're going to be spending more than you need to for a decent cab.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by TheDev01dOne
If it was you asking the question.. Wouldn't you rather people give you the best possible advice and try and help you not spend unneccesary money? I know I would..

Answer his question first, then give him advice at least.

If I asking for an empty 4x12 I'd have some reasoning behind it, rather than simply wanting to put in my speakers myself. He probably already has the speakers.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Last edited by Striketalonx at Sep 16, 2007,
I already have a slanted 1960A cabinet, but I wanna try different speakers out.
That's why I'm looking for empty cabinets cuz I can try mixing in greenbacks with vintage 30's or golds.
JAMONE