So I am saving up some money and will be getting gift certificates for guitar center from just about everyone in my family soon. I need to know the best way to improve my tone for the cash plus I need a gig worthy amp. My guess on how much money i'll have is around $700. My current setup is a spider 3 30 watt a epiphone SG with a broken neck pickup and a bridge pick up that is now causing buzzing when I play my amp on clean, a Boss-ds1 distortion pedal, a WD7 wah wah pedal, and a MXR phase 90. I play a wide variety of rock music and use everything from clean to metal distortion.
Spend it all on a new good amp..

Then go to the GB+C forum and make a thread and people will help you learn to repair your guitar.

Or get your guitar repaired at a shop and then spend the rest on an amp.

Also I would advise against getting GC gift certificates.. Get cash instead and then you can buy an amp used and you will get a LOT more for your money compared to buying something brand new.
definitely need a new amp, if you can get one with a good built in dist. then great, if not then use a little for a new distortion pedal too. some new pickups would be good too, some that work well with whatever youre style of music is
Quote by TheDev01dOne
Spend it all on a new good amp..

Then go to the GB+C forum and make a thread and people will help you learn to repair your guitar.

Or get your guitar repaired at a shop and then spend the rest on an amp.

Also I would advise against getting GC gift certificates.. Get cash instead and then you can buy an amp used and you will get a LOT more for your money compared to buying something brand new.

well i've looked at al the local pawn shops and haven't found crap and I don't want to buy over the internet so I can't really get a used one
buying over the net actually isnt that bad, just never buy a tube amp cuz true to form no matter how its shipped the tubes will be broken
A Peavey Windsor will probably do SOAD for a good price. Depending on how much you have over, I'd give CorduroyEW a PM, and see if he can hook you up with some good replacement pickups. If you're really strapped for cash, maybe check out GFS, but that should be a last resort, because from what I've heard it's a gamble ordering from them, some of there stuff is decent, other is crap.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by Dauntless
buying over the net actually isnt that bad, just never buy a tube amp cuz true to form no matter how its shipped the tubes will be broken

there are things called roadcases. and i actually had an amp head shipped from halfway across the planet with a simple box and nothing but foam packing peanuts to protect it. all the tubes made it out alive.
give used.guitarcenter.com they probably wont have full halfstacks for sale but you can put one together. dont be TOO picky about youre cab just lool at what speakers they have in them. on the used website they normaly dont give you information about it just the model number and the condition it is in. if you want adittional information call the store. but if you want to know fetures of the amp/cab googlethe model number.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by SOAD_freak777
would a 30 watt tube combo work for small gigs? (i've never used a tube amp before)

That would be probably more than loud for small gigs. I saw a band a couple weeks ago, where a guy pulled a moderatly sized gig with a 15 tube watter.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50