Ive become very interested in Wal basses recently, but they are apparently notoriously hard to get. I was wondering if anybody here has any idea how a non superstar musician would go about getting ahold of one of these, if money isnt a issue?

thanks
I have seen them on Ebay (like the FL linked above) and recently one showed up on Craigs list. Yes, be ready to provide a pound of flesh and your first born child--they usually start at around 3,000 - 3,500 USD>
You should be able to procure a Wal for around five thousand.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by CBurtonIsKing
Ive become very interested in Wal basses recently, but they are apparently notoriously hard to get. I was wondering if anybody here has any idea how a non superstar musician would go about getting ahold of one of these, if money isnt a issue?

thanks

Even superstar musicians find it hard to procure one. They don't even offer endorsements. I heard there's a waiting list dating back years. That's the main reason why prices are crazy inflated.
My teacher has one from the early eighties and it's amazing but to find one you really just have to keep looking until you finally come across one up for sale.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
you'll probably have to get one directly from the company... cose they dont just make the basses... you'll probably have to ask them to make one for you, i believe.... most awesome bass ive ever heard, second to the rickenbacker 4001...... i would love to be able to get one ...
You need to sell your soul to Wal
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by Confused4930
You need to sell your soul to Wal

dammit, i sold mine to a friend for 10p (true story)
Quote by bass dude nick
dammit, i sold mine to a friend for 10p (true story)

that is the most idiotic thing i have ever heard...
Quote by SublimeGuitar

Blind melon are a damn good band

Oh and Good luck with the Wal, Money does always help, lots of it.... but it still can't promise you a wal
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by Divine Comedy
that is the most idiotic thing i have ever heard...

just to make things clear, i was talking about my soul, not a wal bass