Alot of my classmates are always talking down on community colleges, but for me i have to go to one for my basic classes..but i mean what are the down sides of it? I'm switching to University to major in journalism will it get me a lower education just for doing that?
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Custom Deluxe
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

It's obvious I don't like fender at all

HORSE the BAND
I don't see what's wrong with community college. A lot of people I know are going there for the first two years to get their basic classes out of the way, which is also cheaper than taking them at a bigger college. I've heard some people say that it's harder to get accepted into a good college after leaving a community college, but I don't know how much truth there is to that.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
education is education.

its looked down on my immature snobs cause there's no real standards...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
I started CC in August and I'm already convinced it is an absolute waste of my time. Next semester I'm just going to transfer to a tech school. There's no point in me stressing about subjects that have absolutely nothing to do with networking. If you are planning on moving on to a 4-year university it can help by getting some of the pre-reqs out of the way and opening up a few more scholarship options. Other than that, it's just high school pt.II.
I'm going to go to community college for 2 years because I have no idea what I want to do
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
im starting to wish i went to the community college. Universities arnt all theyre cracked up to be.
cc is pretty useless.

the first 2 years of college (core curriculum) are not for learning. you've learned 80% of that stuff already in high school. the first 2 years are just for networking, meeting your future business colleagues, and getting used to the college experience. can't really do any of that in community college. and yes, it is harder to transfer to a 4 year university afterwards.

only up side it it's cheaper.
the only bad thing about community college is that it is too much like high school.... i didnt personally go, but my friend did and he only lasted a semester and a half because he didnt like it for that reason.... but its a great option for alot of people
A lot is two words TS.

I can see why you're considering community college
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Community college is a great alternative if you can't afford a four year university right off the bat. Just be careful and make sure that the classes you take are transferable to whatever four year school you're interested in.

That said, occaisonally a class like Calc is better at a four year uni than at a community college, simply because four year uni's tend to have better profs.
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Quote by metal4life592
I've heard some people say that it's harder to get accepted into a good college after leaving a community college, but I don't know how much truth there is to that.

Bull****. After two years of community college high school grades no longer matter, and in most states you can get into any public university you want.

Your friends are morons. Community college is cheaper (In many ways) and just as good for your first two years, once you get your diploma from another school it won't even have the CC's name on it. The only downside is there isn't as much of a "College" atmosphere as with Universities, since there aren't any dorms.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Quote by GravityRides
Alot of my classmates are always talking down on community colleges, but for me i have to go to one for my basic classes..but i mean what are the down sides of it? I'm switching to University to major in journalism will it get me a lower education just for doing that?

I dont see anything wrong with them and am going to one myself.
you can always transfer to another college after you do your required classes at the CC.
Community College is best if you aren't even close to deciding what you want to do... because it gets you an Associate's Degree for a fraction of the cost of if you went to a University. There's nothing bad about it, but a large portion of CC's have affiliations to larger universities where credit gained at the CC is only accepted at that larger University.

For example:

Raymond Walters- CC- Cincinnati, OH
The only school that takes credit at full value from there is the University of Cincinnati, which is the CC's affiliate school.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.