ok so I was cleaning up the garage and I stumbled upon a pretty cool speaker system and I was wondering how I could connect it to the computer, I'm a complete noob at electronic stuff, so I was wondering if you guys could help me out. Thanks guys
we may need details here to help you...from the information you gave us aqua dementia is pretty much dead on
Member #3 of the Breaking Benjamin Fanclub PM Electric7 to join.
Quote by SOADisdabest
could you please explain to me what aqua dementia is?

I am Aqua Dementia. Bow before me.
oh haha but seriously could any of you help me out? If theres any details you need to know you can just ask me and I'll try and find out but I don't know much technical stuff so you'll need to dumb it down for me
Quote by SOADisdabest
*bows* is that better?

Yes, thats much better. But I don't know anything about speakers or how to hook them up.
Quote by SOADisdabest
ok so I was cleaning up the garage and I stumbled upon a pretty cool speaker system and I was wondering how I could connect it to the computer, I'm a complete noob at electronic stuff, so I was wondering if you guys could help me out. Thanks guys

Pix are not needed people...come on...........

are they passive or active?

active have an amp on board and must be plugged in to use
if passive, youll need an amp to drive them which is costly and not worth it.

but yea just feed a line from your audio card to the input of the speakers...make sure you set it up so that if your computer audio is turned up all the way, theres no way the audio amp will amp that so much that it will blow your windows out.......
Quote by moody07747

but yea just feed a line from your audio card to the input of the speakers...make sure you set it up so that if your computer audio is turned up all the way, theres no way the audio amp will amp that so much that it will blow your windows out.......

The computer is the amp, so all he needs to do is solder a 1/8" jack onto the speakers, and then plug into the computer where his normal speakers go, Presto!

BTW, take it to GB&C next time that you have a problem that can't be solved by Icyhot or barrel rolls. We're much nicer over there

And, who's the is Aqua Dementia? I have half a mind to report him for spam, but I guess this is the Pit.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Last edited by CORT noob at Sep 17, 2007,
Quote by moody07747

cool thanks man
Quote by CORT noob
The computer is the amp, so all he needs to do is solder a 1/8" jack onto the speakers, and then plug into the computer where his normal speakers go, Presto!

BTW, take it to GB&C next time that you have a problem that can't be solved by Icyhot or barrel rolls. We're much nicer over there

And, who's the is Aqua Dementia? I have half a mind to report him for spam, but I guess this is the Pit.

thanks man I appreciate it
Quote by SOADisdabest
thanks man I appreciate it

No problem, anytime.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.