I've been doing a lot of internet research on pedals. I've come up with a short list of ones I would like to track down and try, but since I go to college in a small town that's easier said than done. So, before I start burning my gas in the quest for tone, I thought I would post it here and see if any of you guys had played them and wouldn't mind telling me what they sounded like. I'd appreciate it if you could describe the sound rather than just saying "kick ass" or " amplified nails on a chalkboard", or at least let me know what your tastes/style is so that I have a frame of reference.

And the list is:

DOD Overdrive Preamp/250 Reissue
Danelectro Daddy-O Overdrive
Buddha BudWah
Danelectro D-2 FAB Overdrive
Pro Co RAT2 Distortion
Marshall BB-2 Bluesbreaker II
Pro Co TurboRAT
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi Distortion/Sustainer

Also, if you happen to know which ones have a true bypass, I'd appreciate it if you'd mention it. I know the Big Muff and the BudWah have one but most of the others don't make it so clear.
fairly solid list. just so you know, you wont want a whole board full of true bypass pedals anyway.
Quote by TehJermie
fairly solid list. just so you know, you wont want a whole board full of true bypass pedals anyway.

Why not? Seems to me that every time the signal is buffered it would degrade.
good list.i suggest a digitech whammy with that too,and maybe a delay and a phaser.
Oh no I only intend on buying two or three of those. I'm trying to decide which ones.
just so you know the dano pedals are not really good. I've bought a few of them on ebay when I could find them really cheap. The Fab Overdrive is OK at best. the daddyo sucks balls. Dano pedals usually sound ...well.... fake would probably be the best way to describe them.
As for what I play, a little jazz, lots of blues and rockabilly, country and good old rock and roll.
Just as a suggestion, ever thought of a mutli pedal, I have a digitech rp80. Its not a great multi pedal really but it helped me figure out what kind of sound I wanted and what pedals it would take to create that sound. you can generally pick an rp 50 or 80 for $40 to $50.
Hope that helps
Gear;
Ibanez AF75
Takamine EG550
Digitech gnx3
Peavey Classic 50
Quote by Blaster Bob
Why not? Seems to me that every time the signal is buffered it would degrade.

running many true bypass pedals in a line degrades the signal as well. its a manufacturing term thrown out there to make people impulse buy.
Well, every multi effect I ever played (that didnt' cost $500+) sounded like total garbage. I'm skeptical about the FAB pedal, but it has such rave reviews, and only costs $15, so I thought I'd put it in the list. My favorite guitarist uses the daddy o, and it has positive user reviews. Actually, all of these pedals have 4.5 to 5 stars in every category on the user review sites I've checked.
if you won't 2/3 i'd go for:

EHX Big Muff USA (which i have)
Proco Rat 2

and maybe a tubescreamer or a fulltone ocd