Could someone with a valveking footswitch pull the back cover off and take a good picture of the insides or even diagram out how the LEDs are wired up to the switches? When I bought my valveking, the store didn't have any Valveking footswitches in stock so he sold me another identical Peavey footswitch but it didn't have LEDs. I thought nothing of it for the 2+ years i have had the amp until now when I started playing a weekly gig and would like to know the status of the channel/boost after taking a break from playing.

Thanks!
Samick SPG650FF SBS Electric
Washburn D34 Acoustic
Peavey Valve King 212
Boss ME-50
thanks!

I have an average knowledge of electronic components but unfortuneately LEDs are soemthing I've never delt with. Will I need resistors in line with the LEDs?
Washburn D34 Acoustic
Peavey Valve King 212
Boss ME-50
yes, you will need resistors in line with the LEDs. its a pretty simple thing to do, but you have to make sure the resistors are going to keep the current where you want it.

also, ill move this to the building and customizing forum. id help more, but i dont know enough about footswitches using relays to be any help.
Thanks again. After looking over the other thread, it seems that the LED for the boost feature will be on when the boost is off... Now as just an indication this is fine, but i'd prefer it to be correct. On with boost on. I don't know how to test this though.
Washburn D34 Acoustic
Peavey Valve King 212
Boss ME-50
anyone? I would think that a footswitch would be simple...
Washburn D34 Acoustic
Peavey Valve King 212
Boss ME-50
This is a forum where people completely build pedals from scratch... and NOONE can give me a direct answer how to add LEDs to my footswitch????
Washburn D34 Acoustic
Peavey Valve King 212
Boss ME-50
What do I have to do to get some help? That last post was almost a direct insult to anyone that read it and passed it up. I wanted to have this completed by now as I have a gig tomorrow.
Washburn D34 Acoustic
Peavey Valve King 212
Boss ME-50
schematic of your footswitch?
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
I have a footswitch that works for my Valveking and has the LEDs but I don't think it's the actual footswitch for it. I was curious about the insides so if you still need I can try to take it off for pictures but last time I tried it looked like I was gonna break it. But from the looks of it (seeing as the gig is today) I may not have to. In which case sorry for the late reply.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Seeing the inside of the footswitch would still help me. I still have future gigs. Why would I need a 3PDT over a DPDT? the cost of two of those is half the cost of the correct footswitch. (okay maybe 1/4)
Washburn D34 Acoustic
Peavey Valve King 212
Boss ME-50
The footswitch now is a two button footswitch connected to a 1/4 stereo plug. each footswitch is only an on-off (or at least I assume as there are only 2 contact points)
Washburn D34 Acoustic
Peavey Valve King 212
Boss ME-50
I bought green and red LED's to add them to my Peavey footswitch and they're rated at 2.1 and 2.6 volts. I decided to check the amp and read 30 volts coming out of the amp footswitch jack. Soooo whats up with that? Are my LEDs wrong? or do i really need to get that serious of a resistor in there. someone said that the amp was designed so the leds would work without adding resistors. Help!
Washburn D34 Acoustic
Peavey Valve King 212
Boss ME-50
anyone? is this so that someone would have to purchase the peavey footswitch?
Washburn D34 Acoustic
Peavey Valve King 212
Boss ME-50
Seriously? I'm trying to not be one of those annoying people that clutter the forum with 1000 new threads asking the same questions by asking my question in an existing thread. If you wont give me answers, I will make a new thread asking the same question.
Washburn D34 Acoustic
Peavey Valve King 212
Boss ME-50